By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie, implies that there isn't a big difference between Xbox and PS4

Nem said:

I dont understand the reaction. What he is saying is true.

The difference between PS4 and X1 isnt big. Theres only a few differences in terms of software. The Wii U is a more atractive second system than X1 or PS4 are for the other.

Or... is this supposed to be console wars because PS4 is more powerful therefore there is a world of difference to the X1? Well, there is a difference, but the multi-plats still come out for both and look largely the same.

It's untrue, what make a console different are the exclusives, so we cant say they wont be different or that Wii U will be more different, nintendo consoles havent more exclusives, they just have almost no 3rd party games, that doesnt make them different in a interesting way.

And if he is talking about first year, it is even more stupid and cocky to judge on the first year, because Wii U hadnt so much exclusives it's first year

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

For some weird reason I've remembered this picture when reading that interview:

Whoa whoa whoa...Nintendo doesnt have more exclusives??? Yall are high.

KLAMarine said:
OttoniBastos said:

Nintendo PR should learn not to be arrogant.They always say things like... "our console doesn't need filthy third party software".

When did this happen?¹

OttoniBastos said:

Reggie implies that PS4 and Xone are too similar and yet both are outselling WiiU(ps4 outsold LTD in less than 6 months).

How does your pointing out that PS4 and X1 are outselling the WiiU discredit Reggie's view that the PS4 and X1 are too similar?²

¹- http://www.dromble.com/2014/01/07/dolphin-tale-story-of-gamecube/

“I’ve been told that Sony won over Nintendo by surrounding itself with software companies, and I will admit that situation was there in the past. However, times have changed, and it’s no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side.”(Hirochi Yamauchi)

“The GameCube has been well received by the development community, but we don’t believe in overwhelming third party support." (Satoru Iwata)

"Now software companies are going multi-platform, running one game on lots of consoles, just to sell that little bit more. Even Sega. I can understand why the industry’s flowing this way, but, speaking for Nintendo, I can hardly welcome it,”(Yamauchi again)

“If that (keeps happening), the console business becomes a commodity business. There is no reason to choose one console over another, except price,”(Satoru Iwata)

They were always against multiplatform and they always thought their software was the second coming of christ while third party are peasants.

Inb4 this is old

Seeing what Reggie said,their vision didn't change at all.

²- Because he implies that The PS4/Xone similarity is something wrong and the "uniqueness" of WiiU is good.But who decide that is the consumer and looking to the numbers...welp......

HoloDust said:
For some weird reason I've remembered this picture when reading that interview:

Hahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!! xD

Around the Network

I didn't read the article but I do agree with that statement. Xbox One and Playstation 4 are very similar in terms of specs, features and library. It's not necessarily a bad thing though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Aerys said:
Nem said:

The difference between PS4 and X1 isnt big. Theres only a few differences in terms of software. The Wii U is a more atractive second system than X1 or PS4 are for the other.

Or... is this supposed to be console wars because PS4 is more powerful therefore there is a world of difference to the X1? Well, there is a difference, but the multi-plats still come out for both and look largely the same.

It's untrue, what make a console different are the exclusives, so we cant say they wont be different or that Wii U will be more different, nintendo consoles havent more exclusives, they just have almost no 3rd party games, that doesnt make them different in a interesting way.

And if he is talking about first year, it is even more stupid and cocky to judge on the first year, because Wii U hadnt so much exclusives it's first year

You really cant say its untrue, because it isnt. How many exclusive party titles did Sony and Microsoft release this year? Lets not waste time with indies or downloadable only please, no one buys systems because of those.

X1: Fantasia, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo master chief CL, Kinect sports Rivals, Shape up, Titanfall.

PS4: Driveclub, Infamous second sun, The last of Us remastered, Little big planet 3.

Wii U: Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Sonic Boom ryse of lyric, Super smash brothers, and Captain Toad Treasure tracker in the US.

Now take into account that 3 of those X1 exclusives are aimed at casuals and not gamers (Fantasia, Kinect Sports rivals and Shape up) and my point is made. Not untrue. Its just an unconfortable truth that many choose to ignore. The Wii U is clearly a better second system due to the ammount of exclusives it has.

Oh did i mention how one of those on both X1 and PS4 is just a souped up port of a last gen game? Yeah...

Nem said:
Aerys said:
Nem said:

You really cant say its untrue, because it isnt. How many exclusive party titles did Sony and Microsoft release this year? Lets not waste time with indies or downloadable only please, no one buys systems because of those.

X1: Fantasia, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo master chief CL, Kinect sports Rivals, Shape up.

PS4: Driveclub, Infamous second sun, The last of Us remastered.

Wii U: Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Sonic Boom ryse of lyric, Super smash brothers, and Captain Toad Treasure tracker in the US.

Now take into account that 3 of those X1 exclusives are aimed at casuals and not gamers (Fantasia, Kinect Sports rivals and Shape up) and my point is made. Not untrue. Its just an unconfortable truth that many choose to ignore. Th Wii U is clearly a better second system due to the ammount of exclusives it has.

Oh did i mention how one of those on both X1 and PS4 is just a souped up port of a last gen game? Yeah...

Who is in the market 2 years and who is in the market at 1?

Besides they have Third party games to fill the gaps(games that WiiU don't have).

S.Peelman said:
Reggie's on a roll. I love how he always slams everything without remorse, regardless of whether it's true or not. You need people like him .

If he's not careful, Kaz is going to come out swinging lol

OttoniBastos said:
Nem said:

X1: Fantasia, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo master chief CL, Kinect sports Rivals, Shape up.

PS4: Driveclub, Infamous second sun, The last of Us remastered.

Now take into account that 3 of those X1 exclusives are aimed at casuals and not gamers (Fantasia, Kinect Sports rivals and Shape up) and my point is made. Not untrue. Its just an unconfortable truth that many choose to ignore. Th Wii U is clearly a better second system due to the ammount of exclusives it has.

Who is in the market 2 years and who is in the market at 1?

Besides they have Third party games to fill the gaps(games that WiiU don't have).

Those are besides the point. The point is that the Wii U is a better second system than the X1 or PS4 are in 2014. To make it clear, if you have an X1 or PS4, you will get a wider variety of games to get if you get a Wii U than if you get the other one.

If that isnt the case in the future, its something that Sony and Microsoft will have to prove, but is unlikely.

This is what is beeing said by Reggie and i totally agree.