By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie, implies that there isn't a big difference between Xbox and PS4

Perhaps he should worry about the differences with his own system.

Around the Network

Though it's obvious that he's trying to deflect the Wii U's own problems (typical PR speak), he's not technically wrong. It's pretty clear to me that gaming consoles are on their way to being commoditized like how PCs and smartphones are. Nintendo's business model relies on them resisting commoditization (Nintendo games sell Nintendo hardware), so of course Nintendo PR speak is going to be like this. I don't know what else one would expect them to say.

NNID: TheCCluc

on there not being much diff between ps4 and xb1 i completely agree. The differences are small and really it comes down to preference. The only question you should really be asking is what are your friends playing and what exclusives do you want?

Yea because share play isn't a big deal ......

mM

thats why they called hd twins

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Saeko said:
well after 2+ years nothing impressed me atm on WiiU, but 3 game on ps4 and 1 on xbox one, color and taste.. ^^

Good joke :)

Why ?  i like RPG, adventure game like uncharted, strategy game, a few indie.  the 2 only game i want on WiiU still not out in europa when was announced 3 years ago...

On Ps4, i have infamous second son, last of us (not played on ps3) Mordor game, Natural doctrine...
On XboxOne,  there is  Sunset overdrive

And actually i don't like anymore any nintendo IP but Fire emblem & Zelda, and real New one, not the one i have already played in past.

Wow so much vitriol over this, why the heck do people care so much about it. Who gives a rip, play your console of choice and stop trying to defend everything, geesh.

Lol, he's so arrogant, even when they're digging their own grave. And people are mad at third-parties for "abandoning" Nintendo. Nintendo pushed them away, and now Reggie tries to downplay third-party games just because they don't have them. It's like he thinks only Nintendo has exclusive games.

Reggie is and will always be Reggie. He's got a sharper tongue than any other Nintendo executives, such statement coming from him is EXPECTED. Of course, Wii U sells less than the other two consoles, but that doesn't make what he says any less relevant. Those are pretty much alike, shares many similarities and somewhat, they don't offer the same compelling exclusives as the Wii U as of now, but it'll certainly change in the future.

We just need Reggie's cocky way. I can't believe people are still reacting at what he says.

OttoniBastos said:

Nintendo PR should learn not to be arrogant.They always say things like... "our console doesn't need filthy third party software".

When did this happen?

OttoniBastos said:

Reggie implies that PS4 and Xone are too similar and yet both are outselling WiiU(ps4 outsold LTD in less than 6 months).

How does your pointing out that PS4 and X1 are outselling the WiiU discredit Reggie's view that the PS4 and X1 are too similar?