By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

Why you do care about meta ? You will get the same Halo games, remastered, that's all, What are you expecting ?  These are the same Halo games you already played.  Old games running at higher resolution. I would say 8/10.

The most important thing for me though is the higher framerate.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:

Why you do care about meta ? You will get the same Halo games, remastered, that's all, What are you expecting ?  These are the same Halo games you already played.  Old games running at higher resolution. I would say 8/10.

The most important thing for me though is the higher framerate.

Sure, frame rate will be rock solid, and Halo1 would be better, mostly.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Italian review :) 9.5 http://multiplayer.it/recensioni/140283-halo-the-master-chief-collection-il-mio-nome-e-john-117.html

I predicted a 91 and I think that I might get it right.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nate4Drake said:
man-bear-pig said:
Burek said:
man-bear-pig said:

First review will be here in under an hour guys. Here's hoping for a 90+ meta

Hoping?

90+ is a lock, it's just a question what the second digit will be.

I hope you're right. An 8X meta would suck..hope reviewers don't lower their scores because of Nightfall

Better reviews = better sales

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

It's gotta be a 90 minimum. Based on what TLOU Remastered got I'd expect a 94/95.

I think that's too high, already many 80s are in...

Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Yeah I'm thinking high 80's also, just can't shake the feeling that some websites are just going to take off points for some stupid reason.

Stupid reasons like 'it's on Xbox'?

We already got a "multiplayer too confusing for newbies". Waiting for more stupid reasons.

Ka-pi96 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Yeah I'm thinking high 80's also, just can't shake the feeling that some websites are just going to take off points for some stupid reason.

Stupid reasons like 'it's on Xbox'?

We already got a "multiplayer too confusing for newbies". Waiting for more stupid reasons.

Yeah, that will be a hard one to beat

I don't think newbies spend $400 on a brand-new console to buy a game they're new to.

Also, newbies to Halo? Do those exist?

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

man-bear-pig said:
Nate4Drake said:
man-bear-pig said:
Burek said:
man-bear-pig said:

First review will be here in under an hour guys. Here's hoping for a 90+ meta

Hoping?

90+ is a lock, it's just a question what the second digit will be.

I hope you're right. An 8X meta would suck..hope reviewers don't lower their scores because of Nightfall

Better reviews = better sales

Few points (more or less) won't change anything.   The Collection will sell very good.

A game which got 95 meta 10 years ago means it was considered GREAT at that time. If you should review it now, it would get so much less because of obvious reasons.  What reviewers look at, mostly, is the effort devs put in making the collection, rather than the actual quality of the games compared to current standard.  

Meta means nothing lately, considering the lack of professionalism of many reviewers, just imagine if we talk about a collection...

If you only look at sales, you might be right and the Collection could sell more if Meta is astronomic, but it won't be the case.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Meta has 2 counted. An 89 and an 80