By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

jlmurph2 said:
Too many reviews in progress :( lol

I call that "The Driveclub effect"...

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
maximrace said:
Our sites review: http://xet.be/nl/node/1380
9/10

Please link to a google page translation next time. Reading this as a German is funny and painful at the same time

I'll edit and include it's Dutch :P

Wish metacritic would update

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:
Too many reviews in progress :( lol

I call that "The Driveclub effect"...

More like "The GTA Online/Battlefield 4 effect"

maximrace said:
walsufnir said:
maximrace said:
Our sites review: http://xet.be/nl/node/1380
9/10

Please link to a google page translation next time. Reading this as a German is funny and painful at the same time

I'll edit and include it's Dutch :P

I live near Aachen/Köln so many words I know when I read it but it still sounds wrong and... Well, whatever

Thanks!

Around the Network

polygon gave it 9.5 http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/7/7076007/halo-the-master-chief-collection-review-xbox-one

man-bear-pig said:
Wish metacritic would update

Yeah, that's strange. But given that many sites wait for review because of multiplayer and many only reviewed sp modes so far, reviews are subject to change, it seems.

Seems like this is the review thread now then. Alright.

Looking very good thus far!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

man-bear-pig said:
Burek said:
man-bear-pig said:

First review will be here in under an hour guys. Here's hoping for a 90+ meta

Hoping?

90+ is a lock, it's just a question what the second digit will be.

I hope you're right. An 8X meta would suck..hope reviewers don't lower their scores because of Nightfall

Why you do care about meta ? You will get the same Halo games, remastered, that's all, What are you expecting ?  These are the same Halo games you already played.  Old games running at higher resolution. I would say 8/10.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
man-bear-pig said:
Burek said:
man-bear-pig said:

First review will be here in under an hour guys. Here's hoping for a 90+ meta

Hoping?

90+ is a lock, it's just a question what the second digit will be.

I hope you're right. An 8X meta would suck..hope reviewers don't lower their scores because of Nightfall

Why you do care about meta ? You will get the same Halo games, remastered, that's all, What are you expecting ?  These are the same Halo games you already played.  Old games running at higher resolution.

Plus a code for Halo 5 beta, yes. But good you understood what a collection is for. What is interesting is how much reviewers are counting "content" and "value" in, not just fun. These aspects seem to be important in nowadays reviews.

Edit: There is also a lot of effort put into the mp part of the games.