By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

soony_xbone_U said:

*of big AAA franchise in these days defintion, that sells at least 3m+ each part

Happy now? :p

Kojima + Guillermo del Toro did a playable teaser of the next Silent Hill entry, which became one of the biggest hits in PSN. Millions have downloaded it already. It uses Fox Engine, and the production values are high, AAA level.

So Silent Hill collection is still valid.

Around the Network

Damn, there is some serious frame drop in Combat evolved... Shame, really.

Wright said:
soony_xbone_U said:

*of big AAA franchise in these days defintion, that sells at least 3m+ each part

Happy now? :p

Kojima + Guillermo del Toro did a playable teaser of the next Silent Hill entry, which became one of the biggest hits in PSN. Millions have downloaded it already. It uses Fox Engine, and the production values are high, AAA level.

So Silent Hill collection is still valid.

Scores of the original game: 89 + 85. Average:  87
Remake score: 70 = 19,5% less score than original games.

Halo:MCC
Scores of the original game: 97 + 95 + 94 + 87. Average: 93.25
Remake score: 87 =  6,4% less score than original games.

Yeah, ur right. Halo MCC is just the second worse hd remake ;)

Of the three yellow reviews, i agree with two of them (the 6 and 5.8). No matter how good the SP is, if half the game isn't functioning as advertised it deserves to have several points knocked off until the issues are resolved.

The 7/10 review from Nexus however, is total shit.

Damn good score, Wasnt it an 89 at once? Anywayz, hope they fix that online. If i had an X1, this be my first game... unless H5 was out :p

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Damn good score, Wasnt it an 89 at once? Anywayz, hope they fix that online. If i had an X1, this be my first game... unless H5 was out :p

It was a 90.  Online problems hurt it.  Update for online coming 11/19.  Game really deserved a 90 too but oh well

JayWood2010 said:
tbone51 said:

It was a 90.  Online problems hurt it.  Update for online coming 11/19.  Game really deserved a 90 too but oh well

Halo games always do 90+, game looks so good too. Do you kno if people withheld there reviews or changed them, seems kinda late as of now for reviews.

soony_xbone_U said:

Scores of the original game: 89 + 85. Average:  87
Remake score: 70 = 19,5% less score than original games.

Halo:MCC
Scores of the original game: 97 + 95 + 94 + 87. Average: 93.25
Remake score: 87 =  6,4% less score than original games.

Yeah, ur right. Halo MCC is just the second worse hd remake ;)

Told ya'!!!! :P

tbone51 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo games always do 90+, game looks so good too. Do you kno if people withheld there reviews or changed them, seems kinda late as of now for reviews.

If theyre like me theyre going to play story first which is going to take a long time since its 4 games.  Though id imagine some are holding off for multiplayer fix as well whichis what I believe Gamespot should have done too since there was already an announcement for an update next week.  That makes their review irrelevant within 4 days if it gets fixed which is why i dont agree with a review like that.  Sure hurt ts score, but lets also not ignore that the game has 4 amazing singleplayer games as well that you can put your time in for the next 4 days.  I can excuse the other 2 sites giving it a mixed review but Gamespot is a well known website that should know better 

JayWood2010 said:
tbone51 said:
JayWood2010 said:

If theyre like me theyre going to play story first which is going to take a long time since its 4 games.  Though id imagine some are holding off for multiplayer fix as well whichis what I believe Gamespot should have done too since there was already an announcement for an update next week.  That makes their review irrelevant within 4 days if it gets fixed which is why i dont agree with a review like that.  Sure hurt ts score, but lets also not ignore that the game has 4 amazing singleplayer games as well that you can put your time in for the next 4 days.  I can excuse the other 2 sites giving it a mixed review but Gamespot is a well known website that should know better 

That FPS genre, reviewers are really harsh with online and that genre. Thank god fighting games dont have it bad, because alot aren't perfect :0 (something about netcode/???).