By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC review thread! UPDATE: Reviews incoming - 87 metascore so far

Wright said:
eva01beserk said:

I said on another post I cant proove it. I tryed looking for an article I read about multyplayer shooters that said they dont play campaing, althou mainly call of duty, but I cant fing it. Im just saying since its a joint fanbase on the xbox that it might have the same outcome. Although im almost certain thats whats going to happen. People will get this for the multyplayer only. Only the fans will care for the campaing. But a lot of people will play the halo 2 campaing.

You know, we could do a bet on this. I'm pretty sure more than the half of MCC buyers will play through all campaigns.

We can use achievements as a method of measure.

Very easyly that I can be wrong, so I think Ill pass. But tell me anyways how that turns out, since I dont have an xbox.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
TheSting said:
eva01beserk said:
TheSting said:

Tell me you don't believe this. You can't even prove this lol

I said on another post I cant proove it. I tryed looking for an article I read about multyplayer shooters that said they dont play campaing, althou mainly call of duty, but I cant fing it. Im just saying since its a joint fanbase on the xbox that it might have the same outcome. Although im almost certain thats whats going to happen. People will get this for the multyplayer only. Only the fans will care for the campaing. But a lot of people will play the halo 2 campaing.

Nothing you can bring out will prove this.

Again, I know I cant. What I read was about call of duty. I said I just asumed that both fanbase are the same on the xbox. Not claiming it to be fact just likely in my opinion.

My bad then. Its just there is 4 player coop that was very popular and I'm sure that will continue. They are the same but different (Halo, COD fans)

mutantclown said:

Hardcore Gamer 100

"This is the definitive first-person shooter experience, a no-brainer purchase for the vast majority of gamers, and the first true system-seller of the new console generation."

Oh that's not a fanboy writing right there, oh no sir, no. He even mentioned the sales, what's that got to do with a review? Very trustworthy review. Not saying the game can't very well deserve a 100, but c'mon, don't be so obvious.

PolygonNov 7, 2014
"Sets a bar that other remasters and collections will have difficulty reaching, much less topping. For players new to Halo, who have missed any of the included games, it is a stunning introduction to one of the most beloved series in video games. For Halo fans, it's a package that shows almost as much respect and affection for the Master Chief as they do."

By Arthur Gies. This guy is definitely on MS payroll. Seriously. It's so obvious by everything he writes. Sets a bar so high it will be difficult to top? Then why, oh why, we can easily read other less moneyhatted opinions saying something like the following....

AusGamersNov 7, 2014
"Despite an unhealthy smattering of technical concerns, Halo: The Master Chief Collection really is an essential purchase for fans of the series, whether they’re in it for the campaigns, the multiplayer, or the best of both worlds."

"Unhealthy smattering of technical concerns" Let's say the guy exaggerated a bit, maybe, it still doesn't sound to me he would write about this if there wasn't at least some glaring and evident technical flaws. How is that even close to being the new "benchmark" as Gies calls it? C'mon, don't be so obvious, take your money man, we already know you're deep into their pockets, but don't insult our intelligence like that.

Seriously, this polygon thing is getting borderline ridiculous.

"For one, improved frame rates in every title drastically improve gameplay. Like... absurdly so. I've actually pushed back against gamers who hold technical details above gameplay, but I get what they're about in this example. From the first steps onto a foreign and at times hauntingly beautiful space array to floaty fighting on the outside of a United Nations Space Command flotilla, The Master Chief Collection offers Halo gameplay at its most responsive, crisp, and finely-tuned peak."

This is from one of the lesser reviews. They gave it 4 out of 5 and some of the negatives are questionable but I guess they must be in MS's pocket too. Polygon could have seen it as a benchmark because it's quite literally the most ambitious remaster or collection ever. Show me an example of anything that sets the bar higher than this when it comes to a remaster or HD collection.

Now 88 based off 20 reviews. Still ~50 to go

Mew review so far:
HaloCE runs at 60fps but has the controller latency of 30fps, it feels freaky.

COULD just be my capture card, but I doubt it, since it can handle 1080p/60 just fine.

Around the Network

89 from 25 reviews now. Nice! Maybe it can get to 90 after all

Headshot said:
mutantclown said:

Hardcore Gamer 100

"This is the definitive first-person shooter experience, a no-brainer purchase for the vast majority of gamers, and the first true system-seller of the new console generation."

Oh that's not a fanboy writing right there, oh no sir, no. He even mentioned the sales, what's that got to do with a review? Very trustworthy review. Not saying the game can't very well deserve a 100, but c'mon, don't be so obvious.

PolygonNov 7, 2014
"Sets a bar that other remasters and collections will have difficulty reaching, much less topping. For players new to Halo, who have missed any of the included games, it is a stunning introduction to one of the most beloved series in video games. For Halo fans, it's a package that shows almost as much respect and affection for the Master Chief as they do."

By Arthur Gies. This guy is definitely on MS payroll. Seriously. It's so obvious by everything he writes. Sets a bar so high it will be difficult to top? Then why, oh why, we can easily read other less moneyhatted opinions saying something like the following....

AusGamersNov 7, 2014
"Despite an unhealthy smattering of technical concerns, Halo: The Master Chief Collection really is an essential purchase for fans of the series, whether they’re in it for the campaigns, the multiplayer, or the best of both worlds."

"Unhealthy smattering of technical concerns" Let's say the guy exaggerated a bit, maybe, it still doesn't sound to me he would write about this if there wasn't at least some glaring and evident technical flaws. How is that even close to being the new "benchmark" as Gies calls it? C'mon, don't be so obvious, take your money man, we already know you're deep into their pockets, but don't insult our intelligence like that.

"For one, improved frame rates in every title drastically improve gameplay. Like... absurdly so. I've actually pushed back against gamers who hold technical details above gameplay, but I get what they're about in this example. From the first steps onto a foreign and at times hauntingly beautiful space array to floaty fighting on the outside of a United Nations Space Command flotilla, The Master Chief Collection offers Halo gameplay at its most responsive, crisp, and finely-tuned peak."

This is from one of the lesser reviews. They gave it 4 out of 5 and some of the negatives are questionable but I guess they must be in MS's pocket too. Polygon could have seen it as a benchmark because it's quite literally the most ambitious remaster or collection ever. Show me an example of anything that sets the bar higher than this when it comes to a remaster or HD collection.

Super Mario All-Stars.

Four games (one previously unreleased in America) all totally recreated from scratch! And it was free!

:P

d21lewis said:
Headshot said:

Super Mario All-Stars.

Four games (one previously unreleased in America) all totally recreated from scratch! And it was free!

:P

Hmmmm...but it didn't have a free TV show. Everyone knows you have to have a free TV show :P

Up to 90 now after 30 reviews! Thank god for that. For a while there it was looking like it could be as low as 85