By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One is Closing the Gap Homie

I still think its optimistic to think X1 can pull it off with US alone, but we'll see. I personally dont see it happening anytime soon.

Xbox's biggest problem is that the PS4 does everything they do better. The Wii U is a better second choice for variety of software styles and nostalgia.

Around the Network

What happens here? First this gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189528
Now this thread.

Currently X1 and WiiU sell about the same. Both have some things to help them in the remainder of the year. But for both this will not be that substantial, that it makes a big leap, so no, WiiU will not have sold more this year than X1 and no X1 will not overtake WiiU in total sales at the end of the year.

What will happen next year we have yet to see.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I assume you'll either disappear or be banned when this is bumped at the end of the year, those tier two countries had less priority for MS then Japan a country where the X1 launch had more cones in the barrier then people in the ques. That doesn't seem encouraging because if these countries are like Japan you may be disappointed with the results come end of the year.

It'll be interesting to see what the Fifa/COD does for the XOne.

I think the old Halo (1-3)/Bungie fans with a 360 (and no new console) will be an important factor.

Will they:
1) buy a PS4 for the best version of Destiny?
2) buy a X1 for Destiny and Halo: MCC?
3) buy Destiny on 360 and wait how Halo 5 turns out before they decide about their next console?

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Oh. That gap.

This. I too thought he was talking about Playstation Vita.

I wouldn't underestimate Nintendo during the holiday, but that gap is eventually getting closed. It might be easier to close the gap on Vita.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

" I expect Xbox One sales to be at least 1 million higher than Wii U by the end of the year."

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nope, my prediction is that the gap will actually remain pretty much as it is. Xb one Sept through Dec will sell as much as it did Jan-Aug. And Wii U should roughly double it's Jan-Aug sales. And those amount to similar holiday sales meaning the gap on 1 Jan will be about the same as it is now. Wii U approx 10 million, Xb one approx 8 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wright said:

A million unit higher than WiiU by end of year looks way too optimistic.

Yeah, a bit too much.

WiiU should be still ahead of XBone by the end of 2014.  Just my forecast.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.