By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One is Closing the Gap Homie

Welfare said:
2Ultra said:
My prediction: X1 maxes out at 7.5m this year, slightly behind Wii U and half of the PS4 in hardware in people's hands.

2.5 million max in 4 months? 4 holiday months? It'll do that in November+December at the least.

Seeing as a pricecut did nothing for its baseline, or all the multyplatform games so far have done nothing to its baseline, nor titanfall and preordes are very low fro all the bundles, why would the x1 sudenly spike hat much just for the holidays. The holidays reflects the year its had and increases it by at most x2 and thats with a good exclusive list coming on the holidays like the time gears and halo came on a haloday. Buth this time the popularity of the x1 is on the floor, and no good software is coming. So I see it doing like 1m nov and 1m dec.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
2Ultra said:
My prediction: X1 maxes out at 7.5m this year, slightly behind Wii U and half of the PS4 in hardware in people's hands.

So you are saying the Wii U will do slightly more than .5 Million in 4 months? And those 4 months include the holidays?

I think he means the wii u will sell .5m on top of the x1 2.5m. I see it doing more then that but its still not a horrible number like others have sugested.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Welfare said:
2Ultra said:

2.5 million max in 4 months? 4 holiday months? It'll do that in November+December at the least.

Seeing as a pricecut did nothing for its baseline, or all the multyplatform games so far have done nothing to its baseline, nor titanfall and preordes are very low fro all the bundles, why would the x1 sudenly spike hat much just for the holidays. The holidays reflects the year its had and increases it by at most x2 and thats with a good exclusive list coming on the holidays like the time gears and halo came on a haloday. Buth this time the popularity of the x1 is on the floor, and no good software is coming. So I see it doing like 1m nov and 1m dec.

i think you disagree with the ''at least'' because 2.5m seems logical:P 1.2m nov 1.3m dec!(september will enlight us...wait beserky;)if in september xbone will  be under expectations ....then,500k-700k nov 1m-1.2m dec...(keep in mind beserky that September will determine my sig prediction...so be alerted to see if i will make any changes lol:p)

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
You know, since everyone else are making predictions, I predicting something. I predict that if the X1 continues selling at this rate, third party support will be similar to the XBox. The Xbox had third party support like crap.

Clearly this is someone that doesn't know anything about the OG Xbox. It had great support even with a userbase of just 24 million. Games like Doom 3, Half Life 2, Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, and Bioware RPGs were fantastic compared to most of PS2's library.

The OG Xbox also had much of the same noteworthy western support PS2 had. It was the major Japanese stuff OG Xbox lacked like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.

The X1 already has multiple million sellers with a small userbase. So its support will be just fine in the coming years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wright said:

A million unit higher than WiiU by end of year looks way too optimistic.

Black Friday will be for PS4 first and then Xone. maybe one million is possible, look at archives and black friday for x360.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
You know, since everyone else are making predictions, I'm predicting something. I predict that if the X1 continues selling at this rate, third party support will be similar to the XBox. The Xbox had third party support like crap.

Clearly this is someone that doesn't know anything about the OG Xbox. It had great support even with a userbase of just 24 million. Games like Doom 3, Half Life 2, Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, and Bioware RPGs were fantastic compared to most of PS2's library.

The OG Xbox also had much of the same noteworthy western support PS2 had. It was the major Japanese stuff OG Xbox lacked like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.

The X1 already has multiple million sellers with a small userbase. So its support will be just fine in the coming years.

This didn't change the fact that the XBox sold like crap for a first console for Microsoft. Plus, practically all it's sales came from America!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

This didn't change the fact that the XBox sold like crap for a first console for Microsoft. Plus, practically all it's sales came from America!

Your response is irrelevant. I proved the OG Xbox had strong support inspite of a significantly smaller userbase than than PS2. So you respond with attacking the sales? Sorry, but your response is sad and childish.

On a side note, I think Sony would be pretty happy if the Vita achieved sales at par with OG Xbox. That would be triple its current userbase. A userbase of 24 is still a big enough audience to move a lot of software. Halo 2 sold over 8 million units with that small audience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)