By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's so special about minecraft?

AZWification said:
Euphoria14 said:
AZWification said:

So, by your logic everyone who hates Minecraft doesn't have imagination? If you say so.....

Glad you agree.

Is your sarcasm detector broken or something? :S

Seems we are all having bad days here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
I honestly don't know either.
I tried playing it several times, but it just got boring after a few hours.
Most people build stuff for weeks and I'm getting bored after building a single house.

You have to play with your friends! Um, not in the Jizz-beard sense though...

oldschoolfool said:

So,what's so special about minecraft? I watched some vids on it and I had to stop watching them,because the block graphics were bothering me. I can apperciate the retro feel,but that's alittle to retro for me. I might as well be playing an atari 2600 game,with 3d glasses. If I play some make my rpg game,I want to get lost in the gameplay and not get distracted bye some retro blocks.

For me? Nothing special. Not because of the graphic style or anything like that. It's just not my kind of game. For my nephew, very special. He loves the game to bits. He has been playing it since it's release on PC and has continued to do so. I think it's the ability to create whatever you want.

Your whole statement makes your name very tongue in cheek.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Euphoria14 said:
AZWification said:

Is your sarcasm detector broken or something? :S

Seems we are all having bad days here.

You are certainly right about that...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Damn it. My 5 year old has sucked me into Minecraft. He's sleeping over at grandma's tonight, and I'm itching to finish building our house and keep exploring :/
What's special about it, there's always something else to do, or somewhere else to go. A lot more fun than Diablo 3 apparently, can't be bothered to finish that now.

Around the Network

I guess this isn't a game for people who don't like to create/build things.

Angelv577 said:
I guess this isn't a game for people who don't like to create/build things.

I love to create, I'm just more into literary creation.

Its different then other games. You get thrown in a world and have endless ways of creating something. I was placed into a forest. I didnt know anything about the game. After a while you figure out the basics. Trying to surive getting armor a weapon. A steady supply of food. Try to make as much of the wilderness to a safe haven. Then you start to get interested into civilizing the world build railways. Get more supplies discover the netherworld. I started to build a nice fishing hut which turned into a palace and ended up building a huge scyscraper with elevator. Out of glass granite and woods with a house on top it started out as a marker so I can find my way back more easily. And then you try to automatize everything improve everything. Now I have endless food a comfortable railway system underground and above ground kilometers into the distance everywhere luxury buildings. Underwater houses. Selfmining machines. It gives you a nice feeling you against the world. Its satisfying to see you transforming a mountain and forest into something completly different. Also seeing it in VR is absolutely breathtaking. Its just different. Ofcourse the graphics are not that great but there are so many things you can achieve in that game this openess you dont get in any other game. I didnt play multiplayer tho but I see it as a supercharged lego set with infinite possiblities.

It does a lot of things right in ways that not may other games do (however unfortunately it makes a lot of mistakes on things that other games tend to get right)

Also, the mods...so many mods

Nicklesbe said:
virtual legos for casual gaming little kids

/thread

I agree with you and its a fun game where you can do anything you want. :D