By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's so special about minecraft?

I enjoy Minecraft in the same way i do FF14 (or any MMO). The hour by hour experience is nothing particularly special or exiting, but it's just about entertaining enough for me to be happy playing it. The kicker though is that, like an MMO, it retains that level of enjoyment consistently over several hundred or even thousands of hours. It's essentially the mother of all ways to kill time :p

Still, it's not for everyone.

Around the Network

I would say it stimulates your creativity. Though I definitely get it if you're bored very quickly, especially when you're on your own.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

I get the point. It's pure gameplay.

It's escaping into a world where your actions have practically no effect on your real life. It's shaping a world into something truly your own.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

kljesta64 said:
i have a theory

people play it because it takes them back to the stone age its the nature of humanity destroying rocks and build rocks lol...so I guess we who dont like it have evolved more than others

I like this theory!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
kljesta64 said:
i have a theory

people play it because it takes them back to the stone age its the nature of humanity destroying rocks and build rocks lol...so I guess we who dont like it have evolved more than others

I like this theory!

Seems legit...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

I like this theory!

Seems legit...

It IS legit!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I love minecraft for the freedom and creativity. I also like building machines, calculators and cpu's. Most of the pc stuff doesn't work on xbox, I redesigned a lot of contraptions enabling them to work on x360.

I will be buying this on ps4 & xbox one. Hopefully, I can build 8bit calculators without major lag. 4bit works great on 360, 8 bit lags and causes way too many bugs and freezing issues.

It is being able to do whatever you want. I've spent hours trying to make cool circuits, trying to make a fireworks show, trying to make absolutely stunning buildings (some have literally taken days). Does it bore me at times? Yea, then I move on and do something else.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Easy game with little to no challenge & easy platinum/achievments with coop = big sales

Games with challenge = Low sales

fireburn95 said:
Easy game with little to no challenge & easy platinum/achievments with coop = big sales

Games with challenge = Low sales

Actually, minecraft can be very challenging. Play on survival and put difficulty on hard, then try getting to the ender dragon and defeating him. It's difficult to do, I have tried. I only beat it with 5 other players on my map helping me.

It's an awesome game for online multiplayer. Being able to craft things together and discover awesome caves and beautiful landscapes, and even make traps and contraptions and getting others to fall for them is a lot of fun. 

I built a dungeon with only one exit and you have to do several tasks/challenges to get through it. 

Understanding redstone and logic gates is a plus. I continue to play the game because of the redstone. It's challenging designing your own components and redesigning others for speed or convenience.