By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's so special about minecraft?

GribbleGrunger said:
Vikki said:

All levels apart from the tutorial are randomly generated ^^ Just exit out the tutorial and create a new world.

Ok, so I've done that and started a new world on 'survivor'. Will it randomly generate villages, caves and of course creatures? Speakiing of creatures: are there any large creatures such as dragons?

Oh, and do you know how to delete levels? I've now got three and I want to reduce it to one (now I understand it a little better)

Are you on console (360/PS3/XBONE/PS4)? You have options when creating a seed (world), things like Villages, dungeons are optional in there but default is always on. Caves always exist and creatures are randomly spawning (enemies at night). No large enemies unless in 'The End' but this isn't Monster Hunter so...

There should be an option on the level. Goto it and select 'Save Options', one of the save options is 'Delete Save' It deletes the entire world, if you like the world and want it back, make a note of the 'Seed' and you can generate it back again if you want.

EDIT: Dang it, Vikki. Beat me to it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
virtual legos for casual gaming little kids

/thread

It is hard for me to be an advocate for the game, since I haven't played it for years. But is this really necessary to bring the tired topic of casual gaming for kids as a sign of game's disapproval? Oh well, maybe you weren't serious :D

Graphics, retro style for the sake of nostaligia feel as often praticed by indies, virtual legos -- are all defintions that're not even remotely describe the attractive aspect of the game for those who get it. Long story short -- ability to play it in millions ways possible.

Nothing, it's tedious twaddle.

i have a theory

people play it because it takes them back to the stone age its the nature of humanity destroying rocks and build rocks lol...so I guess we who dont like it have evolved more than others

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

mai said:
Nicklesbe said:
virtual legos for casual gaming little kids

/thread

It is hard for me to be an advocate for the game, since I haven't played it for years. But is this really necessary to bring the tired topic of casual gaming for kids as a sign of game's disapproval? Oh well, maybe you weren't serious :D

Graphics, retro style for the sake of nostaligia feel as often praticed by indies, virtual legos -- are all defintions that're not even remotely describe the attractive aspect of the game for those who get it. Long story short -- ability to play it by millions ways possible.

I never said it was a sign of the games disapproval, nor did I say it was a bad thing. When I was a kid i fucking loved legos. Honestly the reason why so many people(especially young kids) love it, and even why I love it is because it is so much like legos but instead of so much of it taking place in just the imagination much of it takes place on the actual screen. Legos are still hugely popular for a reason loved by both adults but arguably by a majority of young kids(which again is not a bad thing). My comment was in no way a rip at the game but it is an honest observation of why I feel it is so great.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

I had fun messing around in co-op with a friend. Single player never did anything for me though.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Idk, I played it and I got addicted for a while, don't go on as much anymore but I like the game.

Creativity. Easiest scam in the world let others work on your IP and reap the full rewards for it. Creativity should per definition not be monetized

Nicklesbe said:

I never said it was a sign of the games disapproval, nor did I say it was a bad thing. When I was a kid i fucking loved legos. Honestly the reason why so many people(especially young kids) love it, and even why I love it is because it is so much like legos but instead of so much of it taking place in just the imagination much of it takes place on the actual screen. Legos are still hugely popular for a reason loved by both adults but arguably by a majority of young kids(which again is not a bad thing). My comment was in no way a rip at the game but it is an honest observation of why I feel it is so great.

Don't know I never had legos in my childhood. I had this :D

The kids might be huge part of Minecraft audience but I doubt it's the definitive part like with any massively popular games. In fact the "lego gameplay" (creative mode) when you just build stuff is the most boring element of the game imo. The game really took off with the introduction of surivial mode, that was shortly before I bought the game in...  early 2010 afair.

GribbleGrunger said:
Vikki said:

All levels apart from the tutorial are randomly generated ^^ Just exit out the tutorial and create a new world.

Ok, so I've done that and started a new world on 'survivor'. Will it randomly generate villages, caves and of course creatures? Speakiing of creatures: are there any large creatures such as dragons?

Oh, and do you know how to delete levels? I've now got three and I want to reduce it to one (now I understand it a little better)

There's Mo' Creatures mod for PC version of the game, that incldues some moderetely big creatues if you're interested. I personally installed it for the sake of better transport than boats, with a little patiance you could tame and breed horses in there and eventually get a pegasus.

And as it's been said already, there're dragons in the game, in The End, check wiki. There's another alt dimension in the game, where you can find more creatures, mostly hostile.