By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what's so special about minecraft?

I love the haters. Just because they all grew up and have no imaginations.

Game is eventually going to be the best selling game of all time, and done without bundles too. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Incorrect.

I have plenty of imagination, I just don't feel the need to channel it into a tedious game. :)

You have to play it with at least 2-3 friends for it to be fun. At least that's my opinion.

To all naysayers: did you only play by yourselves?

Yep.

kljesta64 said:
i have a theory

people play it because it takes them back to the stone age its the nature of humanity destroying rocks and build rocks lol...so I guess we who dont like it have evolved more than others

Yup that is the basics of it.  There is also enchanting weapons, mining, creating weapons and armour from what you've mined, taming pets, farming,  creating potions, creating food recipes.

It's a bit like a simplified oblivion, meets harvest moon.  There is exploration, creation, fighting, then there is the sim aspect of creating your world, town, house, farm, pet sim etc.  The night time and mine exploration can get pretty tense if you play it on survival mode. 

I have no idea, but some people enjoy it.

Different tastes I guess.

Around the Network
piggychan said:

The night time and mine exploration can get pretty tense if you play it on survival mode. 

No game has ever been more frightening than Minecraft in the middle of a partially-explored cave system.  Then when you hear that enderman sound and see those purple eyes...

curl-6 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Incorrect.

I have plenty of imagination, I just don't feel the need to channel it into a tedious game. :)

You're a hater.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You can make anything you want, and it's a good survival game.

Because it's creative and original.

I found it extremely satisfying to collect resources and build huge buildings.

Euphoria14 said:
curl-6 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Incorrect.

You're a hater.

Only if you feel compelled to categorise everybody who doesn't care for a specific game as a "hater".