By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will at least equal the lifetime sales of the Wii, in Europe

tombi123 said:
FishyJoe said:
tombi123 said:
There are no supply problems for the Wii in Europe.

We've been Kwaaded!

Have you got anything to add to the thread, or would that be to much to ask?

There are no supply issues in the UK, you can go into any shop and buy one straight away. Maybe it is different in smaller countries. 

It's different for me here. I live in a BIGGER country (or since when Germany is smaller than the UK).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

You can't really compare the previous generation and this one for the following reason :

Last generation the PS2, Xbox360 and GameCube shared a lot of third parties game so there was less incentive for the owner of of them to buy any of the others.

This generation it seems the Wii and the PS3 will share very few games so the fact that the Wii is saturating the market doesn't necessary spell failure for the PS3. The gaming experience they provide is different and you could easilly see lots of families owning both...

Some people are forgetting too that the PS3 hasn't been out for a full year in Others yet and it has only been out through one Holyday season, compared to 2 for the Wii and 3 for the Xbox360.... 

And in both it's other territory the PS3 is tracking higher than one year ago in sales so you can expect the same thing to happen for the PS3 1 year from now in Others...

The PS3 is tracking roughly on par with the PS2 at the same period in Others too ( hard to make a comparison as they did not come out at the same time of the year and Holydays mess up things).

PS3 is on week 49 in Others.

If you compare the first 49 weeks of the Wii, the PS2 and the PS3, the PS3 is actually leading by a very small margin ( Wii should pass it in a few weeks because weeks 50-56 of Wii were actually holyday season 2 for the Wii).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Never happened

are you saying that Others sales for PS3 = Others sales for wii at minimum

or that Ps3 WW sales = Wii Others sales at minimum?

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Wii is nowhere to be found in Italy, and we won't see it coming until the end of March or April.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

At the end of this generation, the PS3 will have, at the very least, equal sales with the Wii in 'others'.

This is my prediction, what do you guys think? I am so confident I will put it in my sig.

A bold and possible prediction. I do believe the UK is very Nintendoized, so it will not be an easy track for Sony. I think we will know if its possible at all by early or mid 09. If Nintendo has significantly increased its lead at that point and is still ahead, I would say your myth is busted. Otherwise, its still got a shot.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

well duh

marcus1979 said:
are you saying that Others sales for PS3 = Others sales for wii at minimum

or that Ps3 WW sales = Wii Others sales at minimum?

The first one, Others sales for PS3 = Others sales for Wii 

I think both will sell 35-40M. 

Its possible in the longrun ... but Im not seeing it happen ... at least not now . Maybe afther another pricedrop , MGS4/GTA4 and with the rising popularity of BRD we may see a more equaled sales difference :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think you're wrong.. Wii has consistently outsold PS3 in others. Its been a year since the PS3s' European release and it really hasn't caught up at all. PS3 software only has 2 titles in the top 20 this week. Nintendo has 17 (although too many of those look god awful, like Imagine Babiez)