By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will at least equal the lifetime sales of the Wii, in Europe

damkira said:

I think you're wrong.. Wii has consistently outsold PS3 in others. Its been a year since the PS3s' European release and it really hasn't caught up at all. PS3 software only has 2 titles in the top 20 this week. Nintendo has 17 (although too many of those look god awful, like Imagine Babiez)

Actually that's wrong.

Wii first 49 weeks in others = PS3 first 49 weeks in Others........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
damkira said:

I think you're wrong.. Wii has consistently outsold PS3 in others. Its been a year since the PS3s' European release and it really hasn't caught up at all. PS3 software only has 2 titles in the top 20 this week. Nintendo has 17 (although too many of those look god awful, like Imagine Babiez)

Actually that's wrong.

Wii first 49 weeks in others = PS3 first 49 weeks in Others........

Wii's first holiday was supply constrained, whereas PS3 first holiday comes during the Wii's slow summer months. Wii's first 65 weeks will be a lot more than PS3's first 65 weeks. At the rate it's going, the PS3 will be at 4.9 million at the 65 weeks mark, while the Wii will be at 6.5 million.

Edit: link

Seems likely to me. 360 is pretty much out of the battle in Europe and PS3 and Wii seems both to be able to sell very good at the same time.

wii will sell more in Others than ps3 will sell WW

i can't even fathom ps3 getting close to wii in just others...it will need america/japan to help it catch up and even then will fall short

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
tombi123 said:
marcus1979 said:
are you saying that Others sales for PS3 = Others sales for wii at minimum

or that Ps3 WW sales = Wii Others sales at minimum?

The first one, Others sales for PS3 = Others sales for Wii 

I think both will sell 35-40M. 

lol, it can't even outsell the PSP, and PSP is only around 11 million in others, and you really believe it will sell 40 million in others, not a chance

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=PSP&reg3=Total+Other&weeks=80 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Heres a counter prediction. Wii in others will outsell the PS3s WW sales.

i see no way this is happening...at least anytime soon....because the Wii not only has a lead, but is BUILDING on it. therefore, I think the issue should be raised when the gap starts closing - not widening as it is as we speak

For this to happen i would have to guess that GT5 and GTA4 would have to be at least as popular as popular as their PS2 versions.

That or the usual predicted huge Wii dropoff.

Even if Wii's can be found at stores it's not like that means demand is suddenly going to drop off to nowhere. Afterall, you can find PS3 in stores. You can usally find 360 in stores. I'd guess you could find PS2 in stores around this time in it's life as well.

Wow, I must be a prophet or something :P

for this to happen it will need to sell much longer then wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"