By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will at least equal the lifetime sales of the Wii, in Europe

Desroko said:
Trestres: It's unbelievable that someone could hang around this site for so long and still not realize that Wii sales fluctuations are due to fluctuations in supply and not demand.

The only major fluctuations are in A-M-E-R-I-C-A, or are you looking at different numbers to me?

Around the Network
Desroko said:
And now he thinks that there are big shiny buttons somewhere that say "Increase production" and "Decrease producion." It's like we timewarped back to early 2007.

I said, "From that sentence I gather...". Care to explain why Nintendo are selling more Wii's each week WW, but less Wii's each week in Europe?

Its a waste of time, he wont get it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

hm... I'm going to say no. Why? Look at Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. We're going to see a lot more games like that; New Wii games that sell like crazy in Europe.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

trestres said:
Its a waste of time, he wont get it.

Wont get what?

Despite what you might think I am not some crazy PS3 fanboy that wont listen to anything against the PS3. I support both Sony and Nintendo and I am a big computer gamer. I fully expect the Wii to be top this generation and probably outsell the PS2. I just think the PS3 is very strong in 'others' and will equal Wii sales there. 

Around the Network

Ok, I agree PS3 strongest territory will be Europe, it is even at the same pace as Wii in Europe, but dont tell me demand just died off cause its impossible, America has shown everybody this is not true about the Wii.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I didn't mean to imply that demand had died off, just that it was being met. As you can see the Wii and PS3 are both selling extremely well at the moment.

Just as a fun demonstration of how even near unanimous agreement on a prediction can turn out to be wrong:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42057/Europe/

PS3 - 33,843,353
Wii - 33,682,245

EDIT: Trucks said the necrobump was okay, honest

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Just as a fun demonstration of how even near unanimous agreement on a prediction can turn out to be wrong:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42057/Europe/

PS3 - 33,843,353
Wii - 33,682,245

EDIT: Trucks said the necrobump was okay, honest

I believe you.

I think that this prediction is lost... xD
But yeah, the gap is probabily smaller than the people expect in 2008.

EDIT: oh, you have predict in "other" (Europe) ? In this case, nice prediction!