By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

I've been on the fence for a while about a PS4 vs XBox One or neither.  Having a free game essentially on the XBox One sweetens the deal.  More interested in Sunset overdrive, but if the Jets get off to a good start, maybe I'll pick up a Madden bundle if its available.

The Jets?  Ugh (Pats fan here, sorry dude)!  I myself am waiting for the SO bundle.  Not overly excited about SO, but willing to give it a shot.  Haven't bought Madden in years though.

So I guess I will be an XB1 +1 in their Oct NPD.  Real battle month!  

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

I've been on the fence for a while about a PS4 vs XBox One or neither.  Having a free game essentially on the XBox One sweetens the deal.  More interested in Sunset overdrive, but if the Jets get off to a good start, maybe I'll pick up a Madden bundle if its available.

The Jets?  Ugh (Pats fan here, sorry dude)!  I myself am waiting for the SO bundle.  Not overly excited about SO, but willing to give it a shot.  Haven't bought Madden in years though.

So I guess I will be an XB1 +1 in their Oct NPD.  Real battle month!  

I usually don't buy Madden, but if the Jets are having a really good season I might get swept up in the hype.  Sooooo... I haven't bought a Madden game in a few years...

BeElite said:
Neodegenerate said:
BeElite said:

how about Madden NFL 15 on amazon

PS4 version 24th, x1 version 74th on the top 100

Further debunked!  Because I am curious, and Amazon challenged, what is the Madden XB1 bundle looking like on the chart?

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #159 in Video Games 

fyi Destiny PS4 bundle is 15th

You found it !

JWeinCom said:

I usually don't buy Madden, but if the Jets are having a really good season I might get swept up in the hype.  Sooooo... I haven't bought a Madden game in a few years...

Fair enough.

Back to the original Madden helping XB1 vs PS4 portion of things though:

I recall last year there was a deal where people who bought Madden could get the NFL Sunday Ticket for a year free.  That would be a HUGE deal for them to put in exclusively on the XB1 version if they wanted it to help move consoles.  Without something special like that, I don't see the reliance on any NFL related deal (like snapping in your fantasy score stuff) having much of an impact on where they choose to play the game.

PS4 & X1 closer than I thought. I'm thinking US will be the only battlefield this winter, with PS4 dominating Europe and WiiU probably dominating Japan.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
PS4 & X1 closer than I thought. I'm thinking US will be the only battlefield this winter, with PS4 dominating Europe and WiiU probably dominating Japan.

Given x1 recent cut and marketing, its not.  PS4 is basilly running on nothing and winning.  Infamous was a 371k month, a third rate sony franchise.  

Come on, look at wiiu games list and look at the Nothing on PS4.  A few jdm centrik games and PS4 will be spanking em like else where.  You needs atleast one freakling game that intrests the consumers to sale units.  

JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How free is it, want to use your headphones with your X1 25$ add on, want rechargable batteries 25$ add on.

In effect a X1 with a game and same functions costs as much a PS4 and a game.

Puppyroach said:

It's only "close" because NPD doesn't track sales from Amazon or any other online retailer.

What? Still no 3DS numbers?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BeElite said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How free is it, want to use your headphones with your X1 25$ add on, want rechargable batteries 25$ add on.

In effect a X1 with a game and same functions costs as much a PS4 and a game.

You dont NEED the headphone adapter and rechargeable batteries are cheaper than $25. You sound like you are trying to sell him a PS4 lol