By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

Neodegenerate said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I've been on the fence for a while about a PS4 vs XBox One or neither.  Having a free game essentially on the XBox One sweetens the deal.  More interested in Sunset overdrive, but if the Jets get off to a good start, maybe I'll pick up a Madden bundle if its available.

The Jets?  Ugh (Pats fan here, sorry dude)!  I myself am waiting for the SO bundle.  Not overly excited about SO, but willing to give it a shot.  Haven't bought Madden in years though.

So I guess I will be an XB1 +1 in their Oct NPD.  Real battle month!  

Im a Bills fan. We have a good Defensive line lol

Around the Network
TheSting said:
BeElite said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

I've been on the fence for a while about a PS4 vs XBox One or neither.  Having a free game essentially on the XBox One sweetens the deal.  More interested in Sunset overdrive, but if the Jets get off to a good start, maybe I'll pick up a Madden bundle if its available.

How free is it, want to use your headphones with your X1 25$ add on, want rechargable batteries 25$ add on.

In effect a X1 with a game and same functions costs as much a PS4 and a game.

You dont NEED the headphone adapter and rechargeable batteries are cheaper than $25. You sound like you are trying to sell him a PS4 lol

nice to have basic features, and yest that the MS store official cost.  

BeElite said:
TheSting said:
BeElite said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

How free is it, want to use your headphones with your X1 25$ add on, want rechargable batteries 25$ add on.

In effect a X1 with a game and same functions costs as much a PS4 and a game.

You dont NEED the headphone adapter and rechargeable batteries are cheaper than $25. You sound like you are trying to sell him a PS4 lol

So what? You dont need them at all. Xbox comes with a headset and Kinect if bought is one. Why are you even pointing this out?

TheSting said:
Neodegenerate said:
JWeinCom said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The Jets?  Ugh (Pats fan here, sorry dude)!  I myself am waiting for the SO bundle.  Not overly excited about SO, but willing to give it a shot.  Haven't bought Madden in years though.

So I guess I will be an XB1 +1 in their Oct NPD.  Real battle month!  

Im a Bills fan. We have a good Defensive line lol

Giants fan here. I know you have a good dline....

BeElite said:

Come on, look at wiiu games list and look at the Nothing on PS4.  A few jdm centrik games and PS4 will be spanking em like else where.  You needs atleast one freakling game that intrests the consumers to sale units.  

The problem in Japan is inverse to what it is elsewhere in the world. Consoles are not very viable in Japan, the PS4 has no real support, developers are happy to publish and sell on PS3, and... with such a small install base for games which are never to likely leave Japan... why would they publish for PS4 over PS3/WiiU or just Vita/3DS? So much as how Sony secures games by being the leader, they lose them in Japan by not being the leader.

They'll secure western-popular things like KH, but how much traction such a thing would game them in Japan is to be seen.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
BeElite said:

So what? You dont need them at all. Xbox comes with a headset and Kinect if bought is one. Why are you even pointing this out?

Yeah I am a pro Sony guy and even I feel that BeElite does a little to much to down play ANYTHING regarding the XB1 and does it A LOT. It gets kind of old actually and serves no purpose just like his post about Madden and "how free" was it really......kind of annyoing too lol.

Anyway On Topic:

VERY slow month for everyone IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

AZWification said:

What? Still no 3DS numbers?!

From that pie chart that creamsugar released, it looks like more than the Wii U, but less than the XBox One. I'd guess like 105k or something. 

Starting from this month, consoles sales should start to pick up. There should be a new baseline for each console until the end of year.

Ninsect said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Hmm, looks like Pokemon is most DEFINITELY undertracked. VGC has all of North America as having less than that. Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and A Link Between Worlds are all possibly undertracked, as NPD's figures are almost exactly what VGC's numbers are for North America and I doubt Canada and other North American countries bought so little of those games.

Where are you looking at NA software figures on VGC?

Go to the LTD chart for the 3DS. It has NA software. Compare it to NPD's LTD for the 3DS.

AZWification said:

What? Still no 3DS numbers?!

Let it go... next month