By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

Bad figures for both, but ps4 still delive somewhat. Xbox one maybe can deliver in the future but noone can say it will do that. As of today PS4 is the true leader.

Around the Network
BeElite said:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #159 in Video Games 

fyi Destiny PS4 bundle is 15th

So Amazon method basically says August will most likely be more of the same leading into September where Phil Spencer says the real battle is; and Destiny makes its record debut.

Cool.

BeElite said:

If PS4 sales are low, whats that make X1 sales  ?  Madden NFL 25 sold better on PS4, at least use facts not cherry pick bs to support your clearly wrong view.

I take ndp predictions as a joke, not like you captain serious lol.  Just look at my x1 and wiiu numbers. even got called out on em.  

August has Madden Metro Diablo, better then most of freaking July.  So more bs from you.  Seriosuly can you use facts not your opinion as facts, k buddy.  And Madden 15 will sale more on PS4, durr install base madden sales more where theres more to sale on.

So you are flat out liyng about shit to suit your feeling on things, are wrong factually or just dont know any better.  Either way you are wrong, lol you need to give up arguing pro X1.  Its a constant losing endevour.  Leave your feeling away from the keyboard.  Post with facts and numbers works better.  

PS4 2014 NDp champ 7 months in a row!

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/16/december-2013-npd-xbox-one-outsells-a-supply-constrained-playstation-4/

4. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)

i dont find that post again, but some on gaf posted old december npd nunber for  madden25 on 350-450k ps4 and 400-450k xb1 ltd

woh i made a mistake and forgot a game realse and i already corrected myself. ur respond: i talk bullshit?

seriously?

prinz_valium said:

i dont find that post again, but some on gaf posted old december npd nunber for  madden25 on 350-450k ps4 and 400-450k xb1 ltd

So you are basing your theory that the new Madden will sell more on XB1 on the fact that in December of 2013 it had more sales than the PS4 version, but over the course of time it is now behind the PS4 version?

Hmmm was expecting more for PS4. XB1 around where I expect it to be.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
prinz_valium said:

So you are basing your theory that the new Madden will sell more on XB1 on the fact that in December of 2013 it had more sales than the PS4 version, but over the course of time it is now behind the PS4 version?

here is the post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125469839&postcount=1609

Found some December ones for 8th gen sports sales as well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=#post97401734

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=#post97409492

So with something like a 180k PS4 LTD lead in December, Madden sold between 350k and 400k on XB1, and between 300k and 400k on PS4

Now there will likely be a 750k PS4 LTD lead when Madden launches although a bundle in XB1's favor

ltd madden sales as of january 4th were in favour for the xb1 beside having a 180k less installbase.

thats the best information we got. vgc software tracking is not anywhere near correct

and yes. on that information and the xbox one nfl marketing, i base my assumption, that madden 15 will sell better on xb1 than ps4

Edit because I misinterpreted the post:

I don't think the NFL deal with XB1 means anything to the casual/sports gamer community (by this I mean the people who pick up game systems strictly to play the latest version of their annual sports franchises of choice.. and yes these people exist).  I think with the discrepancy in PS4 vs XB1 users, the total number of madden units moved is going to favor the PS4.

I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

NobleTeam360 said:
I don't think that madden bundle will move many (if any) extra units. Not like people are just waiting for Madden to buy and Xbone. That's just my opinion though.

I've been on the fence for a while about a PS4 vs XBox One or neither.  Having a free game essentially on the XBox One sweetens the deal.  More interested in Sunset overdrive, but if the Jets get off to a good start, maybe I'll pick up a Madden bundle if its available.

NFL is obviously a huge deal in the US.

MS should advertise that hard, but I get the sense it's a limited quantity bundle.