By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

Ninsect said:
benji232 said:
Ninsect said:
benji232 said:

Nintendo shipped 1.73M wiiU systems in "others" territories which is mostly Europe. We have wiiU at 1.4m sold in Europe as of June 28th. Let's say there is another 100k systems sold in some of the smaller countries that aren't necesserely in Europe. That would mean there's about 200k+ systems on shelves in "others" territories which is mostly Europe (again), how could we have "others" overtracked by 200k+? Especially knowing that there is such a low amount of wiiU on storeshelves in Europe considering how badly it was doing last year and even saw a quarter where the shipments were negative overthere.

Then we have the Americas. We know that wiiU is overtracked by roughly 75-100k going by NPD. Then you have Japan where we get sales data every week so it's definetely not overtracked overthere.

Where is that 300k overtracked? I'm asking you the question.

Now you're simplifying it. "others" is way more than just Europe. Only 100k sold in the rest of the world outside of US-Japan-Europe? Sorry, nope. Even PS4, which is a beast in Europe, only gets ~75% of its "others" sales from Europe. 100k out of 1.5m is less than 7% from "others" minus Europe (vs. PS4's being 25%). Yeah, nope.

And "Americas". You know NPD only tracks the US, right. That leaves the rest of the Americas.

That doesn't make any sense. PS4 is selling great everywhere (except maybe Japan), this would mean that ROW will be much higher then wiiU. WiiU is bombing in the MAIN European territories, I mean it sold merely 350k in the UK. 100k ROW is more then generous for wiiU. 

And yes, I am fully aware that NPD only tracks the US which represents 90% of all sales in the Americas. So obviously, if it's overtracked by only 75-100k in the US, it's probably overtracked by another 10k for the rest of the Americas. 

Again, it wouldn't surprise me that wiiU stock is extremely low everywhere around the world except maybe in the Americas. We know that multiple retailers in Europe have stopped ordering wiiUs. Again, 250k-300k worldwide stock for wiiU wouldn't surprise me. That would mean 150k overtracked which makes a lot more sense then the 300k you're saying. 

So you're saying WiiU is selling better in Europe than others minus europe, relatively? Don't think so. PS4 is the dominant console in Europes (I mean it COMPLETELY dominates), but in some of "others" it isn't as dominant (like south america). I'm talking percentages here, so until you show me why 25% for others minus Europe for WiiU is unreasonable I can't say that my ~300k overtracking estimate is unreasonable.

100k in the US, 100k in others minus europe, 100k in europe. There, easy enough.

It wouldn't surprise you that WiiU had less than 3 weeks of stock? In that case we would rarely even see WiiUs on shelves.

If it were 150k overtracked as I'm suggesting, that would mean 5-6 weeks of stock which is pretty normal. And it's useless arguing over figures we obviously don't have, the wiiU could be overtracked by 150-300k. It's just unlikely, in my opinion, to be overtracked by as much as 300k. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

It was just confirmed on neogaf that 3DS sold 108k , 28% less than last year IIRC what I read

sidmeiernintifan said:
It was just confirmed on neogaf that 3DS sold 108k , 28% less than last year IIRC what I read

Yeap, just saw it, undertracked, but just by 5-6k. Looks like 3DS isnt doing bad especially after seeing its last big releases was just Kirby+Tomodachi. 

Edit: Damn no MK8 #s, only that its greater than 115k. TLoU did very well, 255k (15k was ps3)

I think this quarter it will sell better worldwide because of Japan and Yo kai Watch + Smash Bros

sidmeiernintifan said:

finally we got 3ds and tlofu numbers. everyone is happy now :D

Around the Network

3DS 108K!!! FINALLY!!!!!

3DS underestimate, hooray!!!

So when is VGC going to put updated numbers? They're a bit behind no? I thought it was supposed to be a weekly thing. 

tbone51 said:
sidmeiernintifan said:

Yeap, just saw it, undertracked, but just by 5-6k. Looks like 3DS isnt doing bad especially after seeing its last big releases was just Kirby+Tomodachi. 

Edit: Damn no MK8 #s, only that its greater than 115k. TLoU did very well, 255k (15k was ps3)

Apparently it was 270k for PS4 + 15k for PS3.