By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

Angelv577 said:
Starting from this month, consoles sales should start to pick up. There should be a new baseline for each console until the end of year.

Wii U is probably going to be down to 65-70k next month. 

XB1 should rise due to Madden NFL, would expect PS4 to get some bounce as well.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Angelv577 said:
Starting from this month, consoles sales should start to pick up. There should be a new baseline for each console until the end of year.

Wii U is probably going to be down to 65-70k next month. 

XB1 should rise due to Madden NFL, would expect PS4 to get some bounce as well.

Nhà... Madden bundle will resaled last week of month. And i don't think that the boost will be much bigger.

My prediction is:

PS4: 165K

XO: 118K

WiiU: 70k

Shadow1980 said:

Here's how much every other 21st century system sold in in the U.S. their first July:

Wii: 425k
PS2: 353k
360: 207k
PS4: 187k
PS3: 159k
XB: 154k
GC: 138k
X1: 131k
WiiU: 32k

Putting those into my ever-growing graph of aligned U.S. hardware sales, and that gives us this:

There are some caveats. The PS3 had a quasi-price cut in July 2007, with the $500 20GB SKU being discontinued and the $600 60GB SKU being reduced to $500. The Xbox and GameCube also were coming off of the effects of price cuts earlier in 2002 (May for the Xbox, June for the GC).

I can also estimate that the PS1 sold around 110-120k in July 1996 (it received a price cut to $200 in June), the Saturn sold maybe 25k tops in July 1996, the N64 sold no less than 200k in July 1997 (though keep in mind that it was only $150 at that time), and the Dreamcast sold around 35-40k in July 2000. So, the PS4 likely had the fourth-best first July while the XBO had the fourth-worst. Given that both cost $400, which when adjusted for inflation is still more than almost any other mainstream system at this point after launch except the 360 (which was the only seventh-gen system in July 2006) and PS3, I'd say they're doing pretty good.

Do you also know which of those are 5 weeks vs 4?

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheSting said:
BeElite said:

nice to have basic features, and yest that the MS store official cost.  

So what? You dont need them at all. Xbox comes with a headset and Kinect if bought is one. Why are you even pointing this out?

Yeah I am a pro Sony guy and even I feel that BeElite does a little to much to down play ANYTHING regarding the XB1 and does it A LOT. It gets kind of old actually and serves no purpose just like his post about Madden and "how free" was it really......kind of annyoing too lol.

Anyway On Topic:

VERY slow month for everyone IMO.

If Ms gave the most basic features not sold them as add ons id have nothing to say would i.

I cant even use my sony or beats headset with my X1 casue they gymped it for a few extra add on sales. Their greed and anti consumer ways are disgusting.  And deserve evry bit of crap any one gives em.  

And any one using the awful headset x1 came with as an excusee is far worse apolagist then i am a hater.  I have it its crap.  

benji232 said:

So you have no proof? Ok thank you, that's all I needed to know. It is normal for bombing consoles to have very low stock.

Eh, what? The proof is in the Nintendo shipment numbers. I hope you have seen them. It's not normal for consoles to have less than 3 weeks of stock, bombing or not. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Sorry guys but, how much have sold PS2 on September NPD???

HylianSwordsman said:
Ninsect said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Hmm, looks like Pokemon is most DEFINITELY undertracked. VGC has all of North America as having less than that. Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and A Link Between Worlds are all possibly undertracked, as NPD's figures are almost exactly what VGC's numbers are for North America and I doubt Canada and other North American countries bought so little of those games.

Where are you looking at NA software figures on VGC?

Go to the LTD chart for the 3DS. It has NA software. Compare it to NPD's LTD for the 3DS.

Yeah but you were talking about specific titles.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

The OP of this thread contains specific titles. VGChartz has their LTD sales totals for each title broken up into lists by platform, and each list is ordered by WW sales, with NA sales, Europe sales, Japan sales, and ROW sales listed next to it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/42/nintendo-3ds/

There's the list of 3DS titles by WW sales, according to VG Chartz. It doesn't have US sales, just NA sales. Compare the NPD estimated LTD US sales of the 3DS titles in the OP, to the respective VGChartz estimated North American sales in the list I linked above. VGChartz has NA sales for Pokemon as lower than NPD has US sales for Pokemon. So definitely undertracked. The other titles I mentioned are really close, but since NPD has just US sales while VGChartz is claiming to represent NA, the VGChartz numbers should be a decent amount higher, but they're not. Go ahead and do the comparisions yourself if you like. If you really think NA sales outside of the US are that low, I respect your opinion, but also respectfully disagree, it just seems very unlikely to me. So I think those titles are probably undertracked on VGC.

Shadow1980 said:
chocoloco said:

Awesome post. I say considering how closely the PS4 is selling to the (360's first year) this  summer and considering it's huge  launch it is doing pretty well historically. There are so many games coming this holiday I would not be surprised if it sells better than the 360 (360's first year) all fall. 

Through the first half of 2006 the 360 sold 1396k, while in the first half of this year the PS4 sold 1592k, meaning the PS4 is up 196k over the 360 in first-year sales. The 360 sold 671k in Q3 2006, which means that to have a better Q3 this year the PS4 needs to sell at least 485k in August and September combined. I think Destiny will easily put the PS4 past that, thus keeping it ahead of the 360's 2006. Going into the holidays, with no big system launches to detract from its holiday sales and with a lot of big titles releasing in Q4, it should end up at least a few hundred thousand ahead of what the 360 pulled in 2006.  47% of the 360's 2006 sales were in Q4, a bit less than what most systems sell in Q4 relative to Q1-Q3, and that may be because of other systems debuting and drawing attention away from it as well as the 360 not having many big titles in Q4 '06 besides Gears of War (it also had COD3, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Spliner Cell: Double Agent, and NFS: Carbon all released in Q4, but those weren't very big titles, at least in terms of sales).

Thanks for gathering and saving data.It would take forever to gather the data to do the math myself.

HylianSwordsman said:
Ninsect said:

The OP of this thread contains specific titles. VGChartz has their LTD sales totals for each title broken up into lists by platform, and each list is ordered by WW sales, with NA sales, Europe sales, Japan sales, and ROW sales listed next to it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/42/nintendo-3ds/

There's the list of 3DS titles by WW sales, according to VG Chartz. It doesn't have US sales, just NA sales. Compare the NPD estimated LTD US sales of the 3DS titles in the OP, to the respective VGChartz estimated North American sales in the list I linked above. VGChartz has NA sales for Pokemon as lower than NPD has US sales for Pokemon. So definitely undertracked. The other titles I mentioned are really close, but since NPD has just US sales while VGChartz is claiming to represent NA, the VGChartz numbers should be a decent amount higher, but they're not. Go ahead and do the comparisions yourself if you like. If you really think NA sales outside of the US are that low, I respect your opinion, but also respectfully disagree, it just seems very unlikely to me. So I think those titles are probably undertracked on VGC.

Yes, but you do know you can check VGC US sales, right? Just click on the game and hit the USA tab.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com