By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

BeElite said:
Murica needs some games, its been dry and nxt gen content lacking with to much cross gen.

PS4 leads like always, its unstoppable. X1 new price failed to do anything. Kart bump was temp, one month affair. Its back to around similar numbers for the year.

games game games, they all need some damn games.

but ps4 didnt manage to sell 260k units this month

and xb1 sold more than 90k

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
BeElite said:
Murica needs some games, its been dry and nxt gen content lacking with to much cross gen.

PS4 leads like always, its unstoppable. X1 new price failed to do anything. Kart bump was temp, one month affair. Its back to around similar numbers for the year.

but but my team only lost 2-1 in the finals not 4-1 lol.  Loss is loss.  

June was 5 week i think, they are inline with april and may sales.  

Ninsect said:
benji232 said:
Ninsect said:

Didn't we go over this? We know it's overtracked by at least ~300k WW given the shipments

How? Japan is spot on, we know that US numbers were roughly 75-100k over and then where is the other 200k?

VGC numbers suggest it had less than 3 weeks of supply by the end of June (140k on shelves). It is normal to have around 10 weeks, which would be at least 500k on shelves. I'm actually being generous by saying 300k

So you have no proof? Ok thank you, that's all I needed to know. It is normal for bombing consoles to have very low stock.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Well most accurate sales is 10 m sold ps4 ww , some ppl try to downplay this.

People trying to downplaying Sony have some issues

BeElite said:
prinz_valium said:
BeElite said:

but but my team only lost 2-1 in the finals not 4-1 lol.  Loss is loss.  

June was 5 week i think, they are inline with april and may sales.  

april was ~199k, may 197k.

so 49-50k units a week

this month we got 47k as average including the tlofu bump

ur team is losing stream. at least in the us

wouldnt be shocked, if we see ~40-45k for august

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

so 49-50k units a week

ur team is losing stream. at least in the us

wouldnt be shocked, if we see ~40-45k for august

you mean the month before the Destiny Bundle gets released?  If anything, after September will be more telling if there was an actual drop off.. the white ps4 is just so damn sexy.. worth the wait for those that do want to pick it up..

did you forget what happened to the x1 sales the month before the $399 x1 kinect debundling?

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

prinz_valium said:

so 49-50k units a week

ur team is losing stream

wouldnt be shocked, if we see ~42-45k for august

lmao your not good at this are you. 

My team is destroying your team since day one, so badly you have nothing to whine about but a lol 2k drop in the middle of freaking summer lol. 

Lacking argument aint yahh bud.

TLoU came out late, likely any bump will show up for august more so then July unless july was uber slow and its already there.  Then buddy how about some common sense, there this little franchise called Madden releasing in aug first true title for this gen.  yet LOL you see hardware falling.... ok there.

BeElite said:
prinz_valium said:

so 49-50k units a week

ur team is losing stream

wouldnt be shocked, if we see ~42-45k for august

lmao your not good at this are you. 

My team is destroying your team since day one, so badly you have nothing to whine about but a lol 2k drop in the middle of freaking summer lol. 

Lacking argument aint yahh bud.

TLoU came out late, likely any bump will show up for august more so then July unless july was uber slow and its already there.  Then buddy how about some common sense, there this little franchise called Madden releasing in aug first true title for this gen.  yet LOL you see hardware falling.... ok there.

maybe im just realistic u just a guy who shouts out he would know anything...

look at our npd predictions

mine:

ps4: 197k

xb1: 141k

urs:

ps4: 260k

xb1: 90k

result:

ps4: 187k

xb1: 131k

but yeah im not good at this. not as good like u...

u really want to talk about arguments?

july ps4 sales are low including 1 week of tlofu launch

august has nothing but post tlofu sales.

and pre destiny with bundle drough

the only major relase in august(madden) sells more on xbox one than ps4 (it did even last year beside ps4 had a higher installbase)

but yes. u sir are just a genius knowig everthing better and be always spot on. rofl...

prinz_valium said:

the only major relase in august(madden) sells more on xbox one than ps4 (it did even last year beside ps4 had a higher installbase)

I feel like Madden is much more of a wildcard this year than typical posters are giving it credit for.  The new consoles released well after Madden released (November vs August).  This, to me, doesn't paint a clear picture of what the game will sell like on the new consoles during an actual release.  The Madden bundle might move a few XB1 consoles, but it certainly could be that a lot of the 360 crowd that was buying annual Madden like skittles in gen7 have picked up PS4s and will be making the purchases there at this point.

Xbone does well in US, like always. Though Wii U did better than I expected.