By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

mornelithe said:
vivster said:
So PS4 overtracked. That's what you get for constantly complaining that the PS4 is undertracked.

Considering it's undertracked by about 700K units...yeah, an 18K overtrack isn't a big deal lol.

Isnt NPD for The USA(not North America) only? I would say in that case almost every number is spot on with slight adjustments for VIta and The U

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
mornelithe said:
vivster said:
So PS4 overtracked. That's what you get for constantly complaining that the PS4 is undertracked.

Considering it's undertracked by about 700K units...yeah, an 18K overtrack isn't a big deal lol.

Isnt NPD for The USA(not North America) only? I would say in that case almost every number is spot on with slight adjustments for VIta and The U

Both NPD and VGC track the USA

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

CDiablo said:
mornelithe said:
vivster said:

That 700K has to come from somewhere, probably sprinkled throughout the world :P  Can say at least 18K of it US heh.

mornelithe said:
vivster said:

This. And LOL to the guy with those tears about PS4's success : "it's a lie ! A lie" LMAO.

Shadow1980 said:

Here's how much every other 21st century system sold in in the U.S. their first July:

Wii: 425k
PS2: 353k
360: 207k
PS4: 187k
PS3: 159k
XB: 154k
GC: 138k
X1: 131k
WiiU: 32k

Putting those into my ever-growing graph of aligned U.S. hardware sales, and that gives us this:

There are some caveats. The PS3 had a quasi-price cut in July 2007, with the $500 20GB SKU being discontinued and the $600 60GB SKU being reduced to $500. The Xbox and GameCube also were coming off of the effects of price cuts earlier in 2002 (May for the Xbox, June for the GC).

I can also estimate that the PS1 sold around 110-120k in July 1996 (it received a price cut to $200 in June), the Saturn sold maybe 25k tops in July 1996, the N64 sold no less than 200k in July 1997 (though keep in mind that it was only $150 at that time), and the Dreamcast sold around 35-40k in July 2000. So, the PS4 likely had the fourth-best first July while the XBO had the fourth-worst. Given that both cost $400, which when adjusted for inflation is still more than almost any other mainstream system at this point after launch except the 360 (which was the only seventh-gen system in July 2006) and PS3, I'd say they're doing pretty good.

Awesome post. I say considering how closely the PS4 is selling to the (360's first year) this  summer and considering it's huge  launch it is doing pretty well historically. There are so many games coming this holiday I would not be surprised if it sells better than the 360 (360's first year) all fall. 

Around the Network

Nevermind....

prinz_valium said:
Nate4Drake said:
The PS4 domination continues. My forecast : PS4 will also win Aug, Sept and Oct NPD.

probably yes

yes

possibly no

Yep. Most probably.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Murica needs some games, its been dry and nxt gen content lacking with to much cross gen.

PS4 leads like always, its unstoppable. X1 new price failed to do anything. Kart bump was temp, one month affair. Its back to around similar numbers for the year.

games game games, they all need some damn games.

Nevermind

CGI-Quality said:
The pre-hype for the numbers are why many of you are so "down". In reality, July is generally the slowest/lowest month of the year.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank