By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ji99saw said:
It's true, children need something to play too, I know I did when I was young.

I was born fully formed, yet I still played Nintendo.

We the Society Of Hardcore Gamers have come to the conclusion that no Nintendo games have the required  minimum of 16.7 buckets of blood in order to be enjoyed by the mature audience of today. You are hereby ordered to surrender your Nintendo products and grow the fuck up!

Thank you

SOHG

Hah!

I have a younger brother, who has ownership assigned to him! Loophole FTW.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
padib said:

Here, MS and Sony are called twins because they compete very closely on very similar offerings. Nintendo is not in that game.

you nailed it. Sony and MS they're not just shooters and sports simulator, but that is what they depend to survive. You can't argue with sales numbers. Sony and MS Fans can say that their favorite systems offers diversity and they are all for it, but guess what... you are the minority

We reap what we sow

bluetoad said:

nop its deffinatly my origanal idea. I also have an idea for a zelda game that has link talking. Im hoping to pitch it to electronic giant panasonic as they know how to make awesome games 

Well, Panasonic has certainly done very well in the gaming industry with the masterpiece that is the 3DO, so everything will be just fine!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

160rmf said:
padib said:

Here, MS and Sony are called twins because they compete very closely on very similar offerings. Nintendo is not in that game.

you nailed it. Sony and MS they're not just shooters and sports simulator, but that is what they depend to survive. You can't argue with sales numbers. Sony and MS Fans can say that their favorite systems offers diversity and they are all for it, but guess what... you are the minority

Besides Platformers, Life sim games and JRPG, what sells better on a Nintendo system compared to Xbox and PS?

Sports? RPG specially West? Action-Stealth? FPS? TPS? RTS?

Not Arcade titles, even less Indy ones.

Where is the diversity inside Nintendo?

padib said:
Hopefully this will convince Sonyites of what I have always said, that Nintendo offers something that is different from what the other two consoles are focused on.

And that's why they have a very important role to play in the industry.

Luckily they will believe it when a Sony rep says it because they certainly don't when I say it.

Ridiculous comment.I own a PS because it has the most variety.

Nintendo fans have bashed games like Jak,Sly,Ratchet and LBP, which are games that I play to get the so called "Nintendo experience".

It was the same for Puppeteer,Ico and Dark Cloud.I don't need a Nintendo console for a different experience.

What he says is his opinion and I could careless as I am an individual.

I do have a 3DS for Zelda, but there is nothing else.that appeals to me and I will never buy a WiiU.

Around the Network
160rmf said:
padib said:

WiiU owners are the minority.Sales say so.The point is PS offers more than shooters.No one is buying any Nintendo games that does not have Mario in it,Pokemon or Zelda.

DogRemag said:
160rmf said:
padib said:

WiiU owners are the minority.Sales say so.The point is PS offers more than shooters.No one is buying any Nintendo games that does not have Mario in it,Pokemon or Zelda.

You done?

Goatseye said:
160rmf said:
padib said:

Besides Platformers, Life sim games and JRPG, what sells better on a Nintendo system compared to Xbox and PS?

Sports? RPG specially West? Action-Stealth? FPS? TPS? RTS?

Not Arcade titles, even less Indy ones.

Where is the diversity inside Nintendo?

There is no diversity, just over saturation with Mario.Different does not mean quality or variety.The problem is Nintendo is the same as MS with Halo or Activision with COD.Infact they started the rehashing and saturation with Mario.

KLXVER said:
DogRemag said:
160rmf said:
padib said:

You done?

I am now.Just posting some common sense  and truth.

DogRemag said:

I am now.Just posting some common sense  and truth.

You posted the exact same thing as the people you complained to. Just switched the roles.

You could just make the case of why Sony has alot of diversity in their game libraries without bashing Nintendo...