By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

It's true, children need something to play too, I know I did when I was young.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network

Nintendo are constantly looking to innovate and never play it safe. Some of their ideas are better than others no doubt but when they announce a new console it's never like the last but with more power like their competitors, they genuinely try to bring something new to the table.

Nintendo + Sony should collaborate together IMO. It would create a stronger single entity to battle the onslaught of more and more gamers get hooked on tablet/cell phone gaming and the general erosion of the business.

Now that Sony's president is Kaz (a video game guy), Nintendo can talk shop with him directly I think.

Also perhaps make it a wider deal where Sony distributes Nintendo based movies, animated shows, etc.

I really don't see why an animated "Nintendo Movie" couldn't do similar business to the LEGO Movie or Wreck It Ralph if given to a good writing team.

Try it for 5 years, see how it goes, IMO both companies will be happy by the end of the 5 year period.

Wow this topic got way more interest than I thought it would lol :).

Sony tried the 'nintendo-way' with Knack. I never played Knack so I can't say if it's nice or not, but the audience REALLY criticized the game even before the release. So, it's not that they don't try different approaches of Killzones, but the public just don't want and only accept if it's from Nintendo. Then they go and say that the companies never launches anything new. Weird people.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
Phronesis said:

Sony tried the 'nintendo-way' with Knack. I never played Knack so I can't say if it's nice or not, but the audience REALLY criticized the game even before the release. So, it's not that they don't try different approaches of Killzones, but the public just don't want and only accept if it's from Nintendo. Then they go and say that the companies never launches anything new. Weird people.

Well, LittleBigPlanet was also the "Nintendo way" and it sold great.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
RenCutypoison said:

Because all sony consoles have is military shooters. There is not a big emphasis on driving simulation and RPGs.

Also, that statement in 2014, when so much indies come out for people sick of miltary shooters

What the fuck...Oh that's sarcasm.

I was about to list the 6 iterations of Gran Turismo and well a shit load of RPGs.

Yeah sarcasm is hard to translate on the internet. 

Ji99saw said:

I was born fully formed, yet I still played Nintendo.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

AZWification said:
bluetoad said:
I think sony and nintendo should get together to make a awesome cd based console!

Hmm... I wonder why does that sound so familiar to me...

nop its deffinatly my origanal idea. I also have an idea for a zelda game that has link talking. Im hoping to pitch it to electronic giant panasonic as they know how to make awesome games 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Ji99saw said:

I was born fully formed, yet I still played Nintendo.

We the Society Of Hardcore Gamers have come to the conclusion that no Nintendo games have the required  minimum of 16.7 buckets of blood in order to be enjoyed by the mature audience of today. You are hereby ordered to surrender your Nintendo products and grow the fuck up!

Thank you

SOHG