By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

DogRemag said:

There is no diversity, just over saturation with Mario.Different does not mean quality or variety.The problem is Nintendo is the same as MS with Halo or Activision with COD.Infact they started the rehashing and saturation with Mario.

And Sony are not doing this? Uncharted 1, 2, 3, Golden Abyss, and soon 4?

SIX God of War games?

SIX Killzone games?

There is no diversity, just oversaturation with Uncharted, God of War, and Killzone.

You're hilarious.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
amak11 said:
Well duh, Nintendo games pretty much balance the industry..... I have been saying this for years. Nintendo is the anchor that keeps gaming as we know it fun, instead of serious and shades of brown

I had tons of fun with LBP, Gravity Rush, R&C, Puppeteer and Ico.I don't remember playing them on a Nintendo console.

@KLXVER- What you see as bashing Nintendo is pointing out the biasness in favor of Nintendo that their fans have done for ages.

I am a little extreme because since I have been playing games their diehard fans have been elist.I remember my older cousin bashing my.

Sega Genesis(though I had a SNEs too) when I was 8.So I have no patience for them after so many years.

It really makes it hard to appreciate the company that got me into gaming at 5 years old.

Rant end/

Cheebee said:
DogRemag said:

There is no diversity, just over saturation with Mario.Different does not mean quality or variety.The problem is Nintendo is the same as MS with Halo or Activision with COD.Infact they started the rehashing and saturation with Mario.

SIX God of War games?

SIX Killzone games?

There is no diversity, just oversaturation with Uncharted, God of War, and Killzone.

You're hilarious.

Sequels compared to spin offs,and 30 year old games.That's equal lol. Let's leave out Heavy Rain, B2S, TLoU, Knack, Heavenly Sword and other new franchises from last gen and talk about sequels.What new games have Nintendo created recently besides WiiFit?Every generation Sony has new lead franchises.

DogRemag said:
Cheebee said:
DogRemag said:

SIX God of War games?

SIX Killzone games?

You're hilarious.

Sequels compared to spin offs,and 30 year old games.That's equal lol. Let's leave out Heavy Rain, B2S, TLoU, Knack, Heavenly Sword and other new franchises from last gen and talk about sequels.What new games have Nintendo created recently besides WiiFit? Every generation Sony has new lead franchises.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Because Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World are all rehashes and all the same, because they're all Mario games. And let's conveniently forget about all the new games and IP's Nintendo make, because they don't fit your argument and don't feature Mario! Sony is king of innovation, and you might want to try Google if you have no idea what you're talking about, yay! Nintendo only makes Mario and Wii Fit, hooray!

This thread's delicious.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

DogRemag said:

Nintendo builds their IPs just as everyone else does. Sony with Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, etc. and Microsoft with Halo, Fable, Gears of War, etc.

There's tons of diversity, especially when Nintendo's IPs spread across almost every single genre- JRPG (X), TRPG (Fire Emblem), platformer (Mario, Kirby), FPS/TPS (Metroid/Splatoon), adventure (Zelda), fighting (Smash Bros), etc.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Without Nintendo the gaming industry would not be the same.

Goatseye said:
160rmf said:

you nailed it. Sony and MS they're not just shooters and sports simulator, but that is what they depend to survive. You can't argue with sales numbers. Sony and MS Fans can say that their favorite systems offers diversity and they are all for it, but guess what... you are the minority

Besides Platformers, Life sim games and JRPG, what sells better on a Nintendo system compared to Xbox and PS?

Sports? RPG specially West? Action-Stealth? FPS? TPS? RTS?

Not Arcade titles, even less Indy ones.

Where is the diversity inside Nintendo?

Mario Kart - Racing

Super Smash - fighting

Zelda- Action Adventure

3d platforms, 2d platforms and puzzle platforms,

you could try split sports in football, handegg, baseball and basketball, it will make look even more vast

We reap what we sow

Yoshida's statement is ironic considering the fact that 3 out of the top 5 best selling PS4 games to date are military shooters (and another is an open world shooting / action game), and the current chart topping PS4 title is also a military shooter.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

DogRemag said:

WiiU owners are the minority.Sales say so.The point is PS offers more than shooters.No one is buying any Nintendo games that does not have Mario in it,Pokemon or Zelda.

Are you being serious?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Goatseye said:
padib said:

When Halo first came out it was a me-too product to games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Nowadays most games are me-too to Halo (Gears), which then get me-too games (Killzone, Resistance). It's a cycle of me-too, with whoever calling the other me-too not being the one stating.

Nintendo has had the Wii shop since release btw.

None of those are military shooters and the only thing they have in common is the camera view.

Wii shop was nothing but shovelware.

LMAO so mean to the Wii shop :(. It had some good games. Sure more of them were made 25-30 years ago. If you want to say Wii Ware was total crap then you got a point, however even that had a few gems in it.