By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UPDATE:How well will Splatoon sell and what does Sony think of it?

How much will Splatoon sell?

Less than 2M 194 50.79%

More than 2M 188 49.21%

Total:382

I think it will sell about 1 million for 2015. It really depends on the marketing and gathering the hype before its spring release. Also price point with $50 being the maximum it should be and $30 for a just right price point. Also, Nintendo should support it regularly with updates and maybe DLC to keep interest.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network

This is how I feel about Splatoon:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Some where between wonderful and donkyk sales.

I don't think it'll sell too well assuming Nintendo doesn't promote it that much.

If they get it on McD's and Cartoon Network and the such, there's a chance it'll take off. There are lots of little girls that want strong female leads in their media, and this may be a good way to satisfy that market.

I'm going to be more positive and say that Splatoon will reach 1 million LT!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

its going to have insane word of mouth if it turns out to be awesome (which i think it will)

If its fulfils its potential and creates a powerful online community it will sell through word of mouth.. otherwise it will be a 600k flop :)

Dulfite said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Depends on the price... If its < $30, then yea, but if its a full priced game, then no

Your kidding right? This game will be more original, with a better story, a whole lot more unique art style, and a lot more interesting gameplay style than call of duty yet it should sell for $30 less? Are you kidding me? It's not an indie game. It's a legit first party game.

Crazy how much you can tell from a trailer

AZWification said:

I'm going to be more positive and say that Splatoon will reach 1 million LT!

Thats positive?

I think it should easily hit 2 mio, but only if nintendo puts some effort into marketing it.

I do think that they learned a lot from MK8 though.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I think it will be a smash hit. At least 3 million. It's got great hype already for a new IP. It could actually expand the shooter genre, if that's possible.