By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UPDATE:How well will Splatoon sell and what does Sony think of it?

How much will Splatoon sell?

Less than 2M 194 50.79%

More than 2M 188 49.21%

Total:382
RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

I'm going to be more positive and say that Splatoon will reach 1 million LT!

Thats positive?

I think it should easily hit 2 mio, but only if nintendo puts some effort into marketing it.

I do think that they learned a lot from MK8 though.

Some people are saying Splatoon won't even reach 500k, so my answer is yes!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

It will sell a lot better than other "shooters" on Wii U, but that's not hard to do. If it manages 1 million in sales it'll be 4x the sales of the highest selling shooter so far. But I don't see it selling 1 million. It's a rare game that's not attached to a multigeneration franchise that sells over 1 million on Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I dont understand the pessimistic comments.

It's like the Wii U's situation is permanently stuck in pre-holiday 2013 mode for many people.

I believe it'll sell slightly more than 2 million units. It received a good reception from E3, so I expect for the game to do good.

Humm... for now is impossible make one prediction, but if i said, i thik 1.5 million.

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
I dont understand the pessimistic comments.

It's like the Wii U's situation is permanently stuck in pre-holiday 2013 mode for many people.

It's selling major software, what else has changed since?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If Nintendo puts as much advertisement and attention into it as MK8 it will easily sell 2M

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I think it took the buzz away from Sunset Overdrive, they're both colorful takes on something we already know (third person shooter) yet, Splatoon is cuter and actually completely harmless, which will please many... AND splatoon seems to be pure game mecanics fun, a game in the purest sense of the word with just enough twist to it to make it work...

Think of it like a Tetris game, it's really simple, everybody understands the mecanics and what should be done, yet it will be hard to completely master.

I may get a Wii U to give it a spin!

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

Thats positive?

I think it should easily hit 2 mio, but only if nintendo puts some effort into marketing it.

This isn't Mario Kart 8 though...

phaedruss said:
RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

Thats positive?

This isn't Mario Kart 8 though...

Reggie said that they want Splatoon to be the Mario Kart of the shooter genre.

If they market it correctly then this could become a huge success.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert