By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Welcome to the PS family. I'm sure you won't regret your decision.

Around the Network

I think the only mistake made was buying a Wii U in the first place. I don't understand why in this society people buy things they are not sure they are going to keep. If you need to sell something to buy a PS4, you probably cannot afford to be careless with your money.

The point is people need to be smarter financially.

Great choice.

Thread got ugly really fast...

Anyway congrats! If you pretty much missed last gen you're in for a treat!
As other guys have said, steps:
-Set up a PSN account
-Buy a cheap 30day PS+ trial on eBay or somewhere
-Start getting PS+ games on your download card from PC or mobile PlayStation app
-You can get PS+ normal subscription after that (even though solely for PS4 it's not the greatest value I'm pretty sure it will be worth it by next year)
-If you're in EU get the The Last of Us bundle (I myself wish I would get to it for the first time on the PS4, I envy you)
-If you're in US get a PS4 + TLoU Remastered or wait for the Destiny bundle (white PS4 is so pretty)
-Hit me up on PSN to be friends!

As for the games:
-Don't forget the PS+ trick
-Next week (this week? Check it) Resogun is on sale for like 50% so I would advise to get it now as it's a great game and will probably be more expensive by the time you get your PS4.
Games to get already released:
-Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag
-Killzone Shadow Fall
-Flower
-Escape Plan
-Sound Shapes
-Stick it to the Man
-Finał Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
-Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
-Rayman Legends
-Fez
-Octodad Dadliest Catch
-Strider
-Towerfall Ascension
-Super Motherload
-Doki Doki Universe
-inFamous Second Son
-Watch Dogs
-Wolfenstein The New Order

-And more on PSN store that may be up your alley!
The above list are games I have or plan to get in the future.

For upcoming games hit us up in the Playstation Nation thread, or send me a PM cheers and enjoy!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

If I had to narrow it down:

AAA:

Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Tombraider
Wolfenstein: New Order
Infamous: Second Son
Watch Dogs (Many people love it)

Indie:

Don't Starve
Child Of Light
Flower
Outlast
Resogun
Twine

FTP:

Just grab them all, they're free to play

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

This is a good decision for better library of games and you have so many great games(unique experiences) coming in future along with excellent value from PS4 and its services. Use PS+, buy a PS Vita and enjoy a great experience with your PS4 and Playstation library on the go and around the Home.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

So many great games you have missed over the years...I guess PS Now will be a gold mine for you.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Bad time to sell your Wii U

Why did you feel the need to tell us you sold the Wii U and switched to Sony after 18 years, despite the PS4 having a rather weak library at the moment and the Wii U a relatively strong one?

I smell troll.

Edit: Moderated - Starcraft

You switched the console and now ask for games? Shouldn't it be the other way around - you have a must have game that isn't on your console?

Anyways, my friend has a PS4 and think it is awesome. He didn't cancel the preorder of Watchdogs after the graphical downgrade, because he wanted a game with his new PS4. Besides that he will get or got AssCreed, SplinterCell (he surely will get the next), Infamous, Destiny and Metal Gear Solid. He isn't into dudebro too much, but obviously COD and Battlefield appeal to a lot of people. If you didn't got PS3 you might give Tomb Raider, GTA and TLOU a chance. Multiplats I like include Child of Light and Rayman Legends.

Besides that, I recommend you to get PS+. Especially if you say you haven't the money to buy much games. PS+ cost the price of one game - in a year. But you get a lot more. As you only get one game per month currently, it will start out that you have to buy one game or another to keep you entertained. I bought the PS3 and PS+ some months ago and bought Ni No Kuni, Demons Souls and Ico+Shadow of the Collossus. Since then PS+ is filling up my HDD with more interesting stuff than I can play, although I don't want to play half of the games. As I get also PS4 games, I fully intend to buy PS4 in say five years and don't buy a single game for it, as all interesting will be by then on PS+. So you should buy the few games to keep you entertained for now, but wait for most games as you will get them later through PS+ anyways.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]