By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Good choice

and good joke above me ^

get any of the following depending on your tastes:

Killzone Shadow Fall
Infamous SS
Transistor
Strider
MGS Ground zeroes
Tomb Raider DE
Resogun
also whatever is currently on PS+

and play Warframe which is a awesome f2p

During this summer, Oddworld, Shadow Warrior, The Swapper, Helldivers, TLOU HD.....

Around the Network

Games that are already out.

Big Retail Games

Killzone Shadow Fall. Call of Duty Ghost. Watch Dogs. Infamous Second Son. Various sport tittles like Fifa, Madden, NBA, MLB and so on. Need For Speed Rivals. BattleField, Knack,  Tomb Raider, Wolfestien, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Ground Zero's, Rayman Legends, Final Fantasy 14, Trine 2, Lego Marvel Super Hero's, Injustice, Skylanders, Theif. 

Indies and F2P games.

Don't Starve, Mercenary kinds, Warframe (F2P), FlOw, FLower, Sound Shapes, Basement Crawl, Warthunder (F2P), Resogun, Stick it to the Man, Child of Light, Transistor, Trails Fusion, DC Universe online (F2P), Black Light Retribution (F2P), Octodad, outlast, TowerFall Ascenscion,  Dead Nation, Strider. 

Games that will release in the near future. 

Evolve, Destiny, The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed Unity, CoD: AW, GTA5, Battlefield hardline, The Evil Within, DriveClub, LBP3, FarCry 4, Project Cars, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, The Crew, FIfa, Maden, UFC, Diablo 3, Dragon Age, Metro Redux, Shadow of Mordor. 

those are all for this year, in 2015 there is

The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Batman Arkham Knight, Dying Light, The Witcher 3, The Division, Mortal Kombat X, Metal Gear 5, Final Fantasy 15 (maybe). No Mans Sky and a lot more going to be announced later in the year.

MY Recommendations. these arent games that i think are good, these are games that i enjoyed very very much. 

The Last of us. get this game, just get it, its SO fucking good. since you didnt have a PS3, doesnt matter if its a remaster, seriously, get it.

Killzone Shadow Fall. Meh is singleplayer but multiplayer is really good, however it has a steep learning curve.

GTA5: really really good game that will only get better with the upgrade to next gen. i sunk 50+ hours into the single player.

Tomb Raider: again, another port, but another amazing game. its one of my favorite of 2013. 

Dont Starve: this game is fucking awesome, its SO good! definatly not for everyone but i LOVE it. 

Games that i still havent played or not released yet that i will get or plan on getting, ones i would recommend looking at.

Infamous Second son. looks so fucking fun, ill be buying it very soon. 

FarCry 4. my most hyped game for the year, Farcry 3 was AWESOME and this one looks even better!

Destiny. its just a must have for me, super hyped for it. 

Transistor: after how amazing Bastion is, there is no way i am missing out on this game. 

Uncharted, after playing the first 3 i dont need to see any gameplay to know i will be buying this.

Evolve, i will be getting this later rather than sooner, when the price drops, there is just too much FPS games coming out, but this one looks really really good.

Games that i am seriously considering and/or getting very hyped for.

The Order 1886: i know that i will play this game 100%, however not sure i will be buying it day one due to it just having a single player, however i am very hyped for this.

The Witcher 3: it looks amazing balls, im not an RPG fan but hot damn does this look really fucking impressive

DriveClub: since i will get the PS+ version i will certainly play this, but most likely not buy the full game. however, the visuals, the style, the weather effects and the concept behind the game is very compelling, and its seriously making me want to play it.

LBP3: after playing LBP1 i was hugely impressed with it, its just a really really fun game! and customization is awesome! i love oddsack and toggle, they look really fun to play with, however, swoop is just a little bitch!. i will be waiting for price to drop a lot before buying this though.

Bloodborne. holy fucking shit fuck. does this game sound awesome. i am NOT a souls fan, however this game is just making me want it! the fast paced gameplay that focuses much more on attack than defense is seriously drawing me in, and the world just seems so compelling. i am seriously starting to get hyped for this, and again i am not an RPG fan.

The Division: i loved the gameplay, really like the setting and the premise seems really really good, now i just need to see more of it to be sure, and just see how the game fleshes out with time. 

Dying light: i really liked dead island, so this game seems really fun, faced pace traversal and an intereting concept, not as hyped for this as other games, but im keeping an eye on it. 

anyways, hope i helped! your gonna love your PS4! 

starcraft said:
If you need to be recommended games, you've already made the wrong decision.

what are you talking about? he doesnt have a PS4 and is asking people with PS4's, who played the games on it, to make recommandations. its pretty wise to ask people who tried the game and played them to tell him what they think. 

*Sound Of Rain said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Go to their webstore and add it, once it's in your history you can redownload when ever you want.

I wish I knew this before. Thanks a ton!

i would also recommend syncing your PS3 games from PS+, you never know, you might get your hands on PS3 someday and all you would need to do is just download them to play them all. 

I am a bit confuse.
You say you have no money. Yet you:
- sell the Wii U to upgrade to a much more expensive system (with more expensive games?)
- you say you are typing on your iPad

This smells absolutely fishy.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

What?! You sold the best 8th generation console just to get the worst one? Boo! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

daredevil.shark said:
Good decision.

It really isn´t/ wasn´t.

He lost access to  the system that has great games right now....for a system that will have great games in...like... a year from now.

The smart/ wise choice would have been to keep the WiiU around and save some money over the course of the year until the PS4 has something worthwile to play.

But alas

After "portstation gate" I'm not even surprised the mods are allowing and even participating in the attack of the OP for upgrading his console of choice. But smart move OP, ignore the naysayers, pre-order destiny for the beta, tlou: remastered and infamous just as a start. You know the best place to play.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Thanks jlmurph!

Well I agree with single console. I only ever own one console per gen because there's no way I could ever play all the games I want to play on one console so no point in having 2 consoles.

Games wise it depends on taste so I can't really recommend much.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BreedinBull said:
After "portstation gate" I'm not even surprised the mods are allowing and even participating in the attack of the OP for upgrading his console of choice. But smart move OP, ignore the naysayers, pre-order destiny for the beta, tlou: remastered and infamous just as a start. You know the best place to play.

"Attacking" =/= giving their own opinion what would have been a good choice.

And LOL @ upgrading and "best place to play"