By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Intrinsic said:
orniletter said:

So people and mods aren´t allowed to voice their opinion and go on a tangent if they post something not-100%-pro Sony ? Would you prefer to see everyone who doesn´t applaud the OP and isn´t just mindlessly listing games banned ?

And those "facts" are incredibly far removed from objectivity...by the virtue of being an opinion.

Listen to yourself. He asked for a list of games.... not if you think he is being dumb or making a bad decision or generally your opinion on what he was doing. Then again, that you can't tell the differences obviously says a lot about you would even be making such a post now.

I absolutely don´t see whats wrong with people giving their opinion on what the OP did. We go off on tangents all the time in this very forum and evaluating his decision isn´t even that far / far at all of topic because it directly ties to the number of games he can  buy for his new system .

One person got defensive and and accused the mods of....whatever he wanted to say... and thats pretty much it.

I´m out.

Around the Network

I'm late to the parade, but you'll end up missing that Wii U by the time Zelda U arrives....

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Max King of the Wild said:
d21lewis said:
You fell for the hype. Never sell your console. You'll miss out on some good games.

I had a friend who sold his 360 for a ps3. His ps3 for a wii. His wii for a 360. His 360 for PC. I told him from the money he spent and lost he could have had them all. I would never recommend selling a console for another.

Exactly! The only console I've ever traded in/sold was the wii for the wii u, so no damage done.

I'm sorry you had to sell a system. Whenever I've done so in the past I've always regretted it. Maybe when the WiiU drops in price you can get it again?

As for the PS4, have you already bought one? If not, I'd say wait for that sexy white Destiny bundle. If I didn't already own a PS4 that's exactly what I would do.

If you're still at all on the fence, this is my advice. Buy a PS2. I know it sounds weird, but this is Sony's best system and, unlike PS3 and PS4, it's backward compatible. With a PS2 you can play all the PS1 and PS2 games unavailable on N64 and GCN. Yes, PS3 has digital PS1 and PS2 games but I always recommend getting physical copies and the digital libraries are far from complete. PS4 will have Playstation Now, but the catalogue and pricing plan are subject to change.

I would then recommend getting an Xbox 360, which will allow you to play most original Xbox games plus many great seventh gen games, most of which were available on X360 and PS3, but played and performed better on the former.

Only after that would I recommend making the leap to PS4, which looks to be the 8th gen equivalent of X360, the go-to system for superior multiplats, excluding PC.

That's just my two cents. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Selling a console is never worth it. As for reccomendations. Definitely pick up the last of us. I cant stress that enough. Also try out war thunder (its f2p on the store). Infamous is worth a buy and should be discounted once you get your ps4. Resogun is just damn fun. I found transistor to be a pleasant surprise aswell. Since you cant have played tomb raider, get the enhanced edition for ps4. Its still excellent

Around the Network

trolls and butthurt fanboys aside,

OP, you should be able to find some ps4 games on sale, its a bit dry on the release front right now. I have enjoyed resogun on psn, bf4 is running much better now on ps4 and is fun online, knack hasnt been too terrible so far, but it did need some more time for dev, nfs rivals is actually pretty fun, alot like watchdogs, ac black flag if you havent played it yet looks good, tomb raider for sure if you havent played that yet, great game. Enjoy gaming!

my only complaint is the ps4 doesnt have as much functionality as the ps3 from features to blueray support.

orniletter said:
Intrinsic said:
orniletter said:

So people and mods aren´t allowed to voice their opinion and go on a tangent if they post something not-100%-pro Sony ? Would you prefer to see everyone who doesn´t applaud the OP and isn´t just mindlessly listing games banned ?

And those "facts" are incredibly far removed from objectivity...by the virtue of being an opinion.

Listen to yourself. He asked for a list of games.... not if you think he is being dumb or making a bad decision or generally your opinion on what he was doing. Then again, that you can't tell the differences obviously says a lot about you would even be making such a post now.

I absolutely don´t see whats wrong with people giving their opinion on what the OP did. We go off on tangents all the time in this very forum and evaluating his decision isn´t even that far / far at all of topic because it directly ties to the number of games he can  buy for his new system .

One person got defensive and and accused the mods of....whatever he wanted to say... and thats pretty much it.

I´m out.

1. Because it's off topic.

2. Because it's irrelevant 

3. Because it's unhelpful 

4. Because it's based on your opinion that the op, and millions upon millions, don't share.

binary solo said:
Well I agree with single console. I only ever own one console per gen because there's no way I could ever play all the games I want to play on one console so no point in having 2 consoles.

Games wise it depends on taste so I can't really recommend much.

I agree with it too. I thought I'd be able to finish my Ps3 games before ps4 came out.... That failed miserably.  However, haven't bought a ps3 game since TLoU. Also, I still wouldn't recommend selling it unless it was through private sale for more than Gamestop would give. Gamestops price just really isn't worth it.

Jumpin said:
I agree with what just about everyone else is saying, dumb move. Especially considering PS4 is probably going to be dropping in price this year to boost declining sales.

I think Sony made it clear that they will be focusing on adding value to the system through bundles over price cuts with watchdogs, TLoU and destiny bundles. On top of which, even if it does receive a price cut it will be to maintain momentum, not to boost declining sales (lol lol lol)

I want to sell my WiiU. But I'm waiting for Xeno game and possible Metroid game/s.

Dunno why everyone here thinks that MK8 or Smash is like godsend games that every human being should play.