By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Maraccuda said:

Yes I do not own a PS4 because I see no urgent reason to do so.

I definitely DO OWN a PS3 and thus is why I said what I said.

I am a huge gamer but also very budget conscious. And AS OF RIGHT NOW the PS3 has far better value than the PS4. I never said do not get a PS4, I simply said the wait will probably be better money wise.

Ok. so let me understand what you are saying. Buy a PS3 now for like $200. Then buy whatever game you want to buy used if possible for lets say $20 on average and you have a vast library of titles to play. Then in say 3 years, when the PS4 has more games, you can shell out say $300 (assuming that i show much a PS4 costs in 3 years), then dig into its probably minimal backlog and buy those games used too. Am I getting you right?

Ok, very intersting mindset you have there. By that logic though, every gamer that buys a console within its first 2-3 years have gotta be stupid. No one should buy any console in the frist 2-3 years and we should all waiyt for them to have more games. Unless you are buying a new console in its first year that has at least a library as big as one that has been on the market for 8yrs.

I'm curious though, do you have a current gen console? WiiU/XB1/PS4? And if you do, is its library currently better than its last gen iteration?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Ok. so let me understand what you are saying. Buy a PS3 now for like $200. Then buy whatever game you want to buy used if possible for lets say $20 on average and you have a vast library of titles to play. Then in say 3 years, when the PS4 has more games, you can shell out say $300 (assuming that i show much a PS4 costs in 3 years), then dig into its probably minimal backlog and buy those games used too. Am I getting you right?

Ok, very intersting mindset you have there. By that logic though, every gamer that buys a console within its first 2-3 years have gotta be stupid. No one should buy any console in the frist 2-3 years and we should all waiyt for them to have more games. Unless you are buying a new console in its first year that has at least a library as big as one that has been on the market for 8yrs.

I'm curious though, do you have a current gen console? WiiU/XB1/PS4? And if you do, is its library currently better than its last gen iteration?

Pretty much this. I will probably get a PS4 one day, but not any time soon. It obliviously wont have a big library in its first year but I can wait before making its purchase.

I do own a Wii U that i got September last year because it was on clearance and I got it for $150 less than the RRP. I gave into the savings. But if I didnt get a Wii U then I would probably get one now as it now has a somewhat decent backlog of games and some promising ones to come soon. Plus the Basic console is dirt cheap here too.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I'm not able to post my own thread (apparently you need 50 posts for that), and so I'll br posting here for my own console purchase.

Already done with all the PS4 games I have and am deciding to get myself a Wii U as my second console.

Anyone got any suggestions on what bundle I should get and which games I should grab? I'm an avid strat/RPG fan and I hate shooters/zombir games. I got 700USD to spend.

Good call dude.

I've been with Sony since '97 and I can't complain. Owned 7 Sony consoles (including slim/newer versions) and hopefully soon a PS4. Although granted I've been primarily a 360 guy for the past 3 or 4 years, but still own PS3.

If your issue is to decide betwen keeping the Wii U or buying a PS4, that means that you have only 2 consoles as an option. Having said that, the whole picture looks like this for you:

Wii U: Same nintendo games all over again and a couple of games here and there.

or

Since he isn't considering the Xbox One, every games that i mention are practically exclusive for him. Also it isn't coming for Wii U.

PS4: Destiny, Last of Us (didn't play it on ps3), LBP 3, Assassin's creed Unity, Dying light, The evil within and so on.

Those are games for 2014 and I'm sure there's more games to look forward this year not available on Wii U.

Around the Network

Well, I was doing good until that white PS4 and Destiny bundle. Time for the Xbox One to be sold, as I make my way to greatness. LOL! :)

Angelv577 said:
If your issue is to decide betwen keeping the Wii U or buying a PS4, that means that you have only 2 consoles as an option. Having said that, the whole picture looks like this for you:

Wii U: Same nintendo games all over again and a couple of games here and there.

or

Since he isn't considering the Xbox One, every games that i mention are practically exclusive for him. Also it isn't coming for Wii U.

PS4: Destiny, Last of Us (didn't play it on ps3), LBP 3, Assassin's creed Unity, Dying light, The evil within and so on.

Those are games for 2014 and I'm sure there's more games to look forward this year not available on Wii U.

Have fun playing ASSassins Creed: 32

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~