By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

NobleTeam360 said:

Was there some game I was missing that is coming only to PS4? Also I didn't forget 3rd parties are games, since I'm sure 90% of the game I buy are from 3rd party devs. I'll recommend him some stuff from 3rd parties if he cares to elaborate on what genre of games he likes.

Ok, lets look at exclusive PS4 games from Nov 2013- Dec 2015. Now weather or not you or I think these games are good/bad is irrelevant. Cause which games a person likes are highly subjective.

1. Knack (out now)
  2. killzone: Shadow fall (out now)
  3. Resogun (out now)
  4. Infamous: Second Son(out now)
  5. infamous: First Light (you don't need to own second son to download and play this, completely different story and character) (Q3 2014)
  6. The last of Us (Q3 2014)
  7. Transistor (out now)
  8. DriveClub (Q4 2014)
  9. Bloodborne (Q1 2015)
  10. Little Big Planet 3 (Q4 2014)
  11. The Order (Q1 2015)
  12. The witness (2015)
  13. No Mans Sky (2015)
  14. Uncharted 4 (Q4 2015)
  15. Deep Down (2014/2015) 
  16. Rime (2015)
  17. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 
  18. Don't Starve (out now)
  19. Planetside 2 (Q4 2014)
  20. Flower (out now)
  21. AbZu (2015)
  22. MLB (out now)

Those are just off the top of my head and I would have missed some. And these are the ones we know. Of that list like 8 of them are out now, and a most of them will be out by the end of this year with a helthy few due out early or late next year. And that is exactly why I do  not understand why anyone can say the PS4 is lacking exclusives. And I am sure I missed some, further more... come Gamescon/TGS this list is bound to grow. And we aren't even talking 3rd parties yet.

Sometimes, i wonder if people really expect sony to release every singl egame they have on the same day. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Was there some game I was missing that is coming only to PS4? Also I didn't forget 3rd parties are games, since I'm sure 90% of the game I buy are from 3rd party devs. I'll recommend him some stuff from 3rd parties if he cares to elaborate on what genre of games he likes.

Ok, lets look at exclusive PS4 games from Nov 2013- Dec 2015. Now weather or not you or I think these games are good/bad is irrelevant. Cause which games a person likes are highly subjective.

1. Knack (out now)
  3. Resogun (out now)
  5. infamous: First Light (you don't need to own second son to download and play this, completely different story and character) (Q3 2014)
  7. Transistor (out now)
  8. DriveClub (Q4 2014)
  9. Bloodborne (Q1 2015)
  11. The Order (Q1 2015)
  12. The witness (2015)
  13. No Mans Sky (2015)
  16. Rime (2015)
  20. Flower (out now)
  21. AbZu (2015)
  22. MLB (out now)

Those are just off the top of my head and I would have missed some. And these are the ones we know. Of that list like 8 of them are out now, and a most of them will be out by the end of this year with a helthy few due out early or late next year. And that is exactly why I do  not understand why anyone can say the PS4 is lacking exclusives. And I am sure I missed some, further more... come Gamescon/TGS this list is bound to grow. And we aren't even talking 3rd parties yet.

Sometimes, i wonder if people really expect sony to release every singl egame they have on the same day. 

Ok, but my original comment said the games for the rest of this year. If you twist it up and make it for 2 years then of course it's going to look a lot better.

Intrinsic said:
NobleTeam360 said:

1. Knack (out now)
  3. Resogun (out now)
  7. Transistor (out now)
  8. DriveClub (Q4 2014)
  9. Bloodborne (Q1 2015)
  11. The Order (Q1 2015)
  12. The witness (2015)
  13. No Mans Sky (2015)
  16. Rime (2015)
  20. Flower (out now)
  21. AbZu (2015)
  22. MLB (out now)

I think your arguement can be simplified to, "The PS4 is going to get more games", which I think is a given and I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise.

CDiablo said:
Ucell said:
CDiablo said:
Nothing personal against OP but threads like this should be locked immediately. Any thread saying I just got/am getting ____ system recommend me games is just a bad idea. You have like 200 responses probably naming the entire PS4 catalog.

Could you quote even 1 post where all PS4 games have been mentioned? I guessed right you can't because there is no such post.

If you don't like PS4 that's fine but I'd request you to stop saying crap about it, directly or indirectly.

Ugh, 200 responses where within those 200 the entire catalog was named. Cmon man you arent that dense. This isnt about the PS4 its about people making stupid threads. There are a TON of Playstation fans on this board, and I know people hate to hear it(but its early on in the lifecycle) there arent that many PS4 games.

I don't think you need a hundred different games to play in a few months. PS4 doesn't have many games but for the time its been out it has enough to fulfill your gaming needs, unless you don't do ANYTHING besides gaming.

*Sound Of Rain said:

This information isn't important. Yet, this is the magical world of VGC, a land where everyone shares their gaming experiences.

So, the S Genesis was my first gaming system effectively making Sega my console provider. In 1996, I picked the N64 and made the switch to Nintendo. I can't afford to buy a ton of games for multiple systems a Gen so I always have one primary console per gen. There have been times when I've had access (or owned) more than one in a gen but that was because of gifts or borrowed means.

I've picked: S Genesis - N64 - NGC - NWii - NWii U each gen. I've been gaming almost solely on Nintendo consoles for the last 18 years...until now.

I have sold my Wii U and am switching to Sony and the PS4. I'm trying to save up for it now, recommend me some games please :) (Retail & Indie)

Also, is the protection plan worth buying? (The one on the PSN store)

Update: I've read up to page 14 and will address some statements and questions people have made. (Asked)

Firstly, I sold the Wii U to a friend. I am fully aware I'd only get $150 or less from GameStop or another store. I got paid $400 (it came with games and controllers and stuff) and can already buy the PS4. When I said "save up" I meant for games and such. I don't want just a console. 

Secondly, people are assuming I bought the PS4 without knowing which games are on the system. I'm asking for recommendations just in case I overlooked some games. I've done my research.

Third, People are telling me I should've just gotten a job. I have enough money to afford both consoles. If you read the OP, you would've seen that I don't like having 2 consoles because I don't want to spend too much money and time on gaming. 

Lastly, Some have posted that if I needed to sell a console to get another, I must not have budgeting skills. I am awesome at being patient and saving my money. I sold the Wii U because (again) I didn't want two consoles not because I needed to.

I'll have a PS4 within 2 weeks depending on when I can get it.

This ▲. I feel the exact same way these days and it I have more money today (mostly because I'm older and make more money) than I did when I was willing to own more than one console. All your reasons for posting are legitiate and valid, not that you needed any reasons but for wanting to do it, and I hope you at least got some of the answers you were seeking.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
NobleTeam360 said:

1. Knack (out now)
  3. Resogun (out now)
  7. Transistor (out now)
  8. DriveClub (Q4 2014)
  9. Bloodborne (Q1 2015)
  11. The Order (Q1 2015)
  12. The witness (2015)
  13. No Mans Sky (2015)
  16. Rime (2015)
  20. Flower (out now)
  21. AbZu (2015)
  22. MLB (out now)

Not sure what the two of you are debating but The Last of Us and Flower (not sure about MLB) are on PS3.  I know because I got 'em both.

d21lewis said:

Not sure what the two of you are debating but The Last of Us and Flower (not sure about MLB) are on PS3.  I know because I got 'em both.

All 3 are on PS3 but when they are available with better graphics on a future-proof device why buy a PS3 for them? He wants to go with a console for this gen and he didn't have a PS3 last-gen so it makes perfect sense for him to get these games on a PS4.

NobleTeam360 said:

Ok, but my original comment said the games for the rest of this year. If you twist it up and make it for 2 years then of course it's going to look a lot better.

Ok, I see this isn't gonna go anywhere. I know what your original comment stated. I was just trying to make a point. That aside, if you look at all that is out and due out for the rest of this year, from the list i gave you there is still around 12 games. And this is not including any 3rd party multiplatform game. My point is simply this, the people saying there isn't anything/much to play on the PS4 are not being honest. Even more so if dealing with someone that didn't even have a PS3 and is only going to have a PS4.

If you don't get what I mean then I really don't know how else to say it.

Intrinsic said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Ok, I see this isn't gonna go anywhere. I know what your original comment stated. I was just trying to make a point. That aside, if you look at all that is out and due out for the rest of this year, from the list i gave you there is still around 12 games. And this is not including any 3rd party multiplatform game. My point is simply this, the people saying there isn't anything/much to play on the PS4 are not being honest. Even more so if dealing with someone that didn't even have a PS3 and is only going to have a PS4.

If you don't get what I mean then I really don't know how else to say it.

Someone saying there isn't much to play on PS4 is simply an opinion. For me it's an opinon that I agree with, I haven't touched my PS4 in a couple of months. But like you said this conversation is going anywhere.

I wouldn't sell any of my consoles, but that's just me. Though, seeing as you don't want to spend too much on gaming, OP, and don't have that much time to do so, then you've done a solid in getting a PS4.

There are some great looking games coming out this year like; Destiny, TLOU remaster, LBP3, FarCry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition etc.. plus the existing linup of titles. So I'm not entirely sure where the "there are no games" for PS4 sentiment exists, when there are plenty of good games on the platform. And, its looking much better for the remainder of this year and beyond.

Adding to that, PS+ is great value. You'll get new games to play every month. Meaning you can catch up on some games that you might (or might not) have been interested in before. Also, discounts on PSN games.. plus other perks of being a PS+ member. - and its even better if you more PS consoles.