By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

spurgeonryan said:

Again, good choice SoR.

Thanks. I heard you were considering doing the same...

are you?

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
If there was one word I can describe this thread what would it be....?

Successtacular!

*Sound Of Rain said:
dahuman said:

Oh I can respect his decision, I just don't know why he'd pick the PS4 over the PS3 cause PS3's a better purchase ATM.

It's an investment. I get to play the new PS4 games and some PS3 games off of PS Now. I don't want to spend $200 to get a PS3 when I can spend $200 more and get a PS4. 

You can find one for 100 USD if you know where to look, but like I said, I respect your decision, I would have waited for more price drops on PS4 personally cause the Wii U definitely burned me, I should have waited until it was 200 USD refurbed from Nintendo, I so fucking regret the fact that I got the Wii U too early.

Ucell said:
MDMAlliance said:
eFKac said:
MDMAlliance said:

Kind of a cherry picked example, if you ask me.  You should remember your own thread and how that ended up.

Don't know what his thread was about, but you don't want to argue about the amount of games PS4 is getting vs Wii U. Quantity wise is not the same league, quality and taste are always arguable.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6444339

Also, it's strange that he even made that comment to a person who didn't bring up the Wii U at all.

You know why I did it? I constantly saw such threads when any game was released on the PS4 and sold very well Nintendo fans mostly would say a lack of games was what made these games sell well on PS4. So I was just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Not that I think MK8 is bad, its actually the only Wii U game that interests me. But not nearly enough for me to purchase one just to play it.

Just because I think Samus is hot, it doesn't mean that I'm on Nintendo's side since my recent sigs and avatars have been Warframe and now Borderlands 2 as Avatar..... I'm just being realistic, but people freak out about it.

CDiablo said:

This isnt about the PS4 its about people making stupid threads. 

I take zero offense to you calling my thread stupid. However, I could argue that posting in a "stupid" thread only to call it stupid, is stupid posting :P

Around the Network

i'd recommend Resogun, and TLOU remastered (if u never played the PS3 version) if u need some friends, add me :)

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Ummmm, well there isn't much coming out for the PS4 1st party wise for the rest of 2014. But I hear Infamous is pretty good and then there is the Last of Us in July and then Driveclub. If I were you I would've kept the Wii U and saved up for the PS4. But I understand you said you don't want more than one console.

Edit: forgot about Little Big Planet 3

I'm going to parrot what a lot of other people have been saying in that when a decision to buy a new platform has been made, regardless of whether it's replacing another or not, one should already have a list of games and reasons why they want that new platform now rather than later.

I can understand someone selling a console if they've been disappointed by their experience on it, and I can completely understand the idea (that others are failing to grasp) that some people don't want an entertainment unit cluttered with every available console because they simply don't spend enough time or have enough hours available for gaming each week. Most gamers tend to stick to one platform and it often has nothing to do with money.

Personally, I would have waited until 2015 for the PS4, even though I pre-ordered one over a year ago, received mine on launch day and have no current desire to buy any other 8th gen console.

But, since you made the decision, and the 7th month list of games is still relatively short, I'm going to chime in with the same suggestions probably everyone else has been repeating.

1. Resogun (new content available) - I've killed more time on this game than I care to admit
2. Infamous Second Son - Favorite PS4 game so far
3. MGS V Ground Zeroes - Only for MGS fans; PS4 version offers the best visual experience
4. The Last of Us Remastered - No brainer for anyone who didn't buy the original

d21lewis said:
gooch_destroyer said:
If there was one word I can describe this thread what would it be....?

Successtacular!

more like saltacular!

NobleTeam360 said:

Ummmm, well there isn't much coming out for the PS4 1st party wise for the rest of 2014. But I hear Infamous is pretty good and then there is the Last of Us in July and then Driveclub. If I were you I would've kept the Wii U and saved up for the PS4. But I understand you said you don't want more than one console.

Edit: forgot about Little Big Planet 3

And comments like this just constantly shocks me. Like seriously what is wong with gamers these days?

Lets see..... he clearly said he doesn't want more than one console. As funny as that may sound, theer are a lot of people that simply don't have the time to play more than like 5-10 games per year and would simply just do that on one console. But most importantly, and what shocks me the most... what is all this nonsense talk about exclusives all of a sudden as if third party games are not games anymore.

The guy will have ONE console. ONE, the PS4. Doesn't that mean by default every game released on the PS4, be it first or third party should be on his radar? If a game is exclusive, or multiplatform.... how does that matter to someone that has only one console????????