By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Ucell said:
CDiablo said:
Nothing personal against OP but threads like this should be locked immediately. Any thread saying I just got/am getting ____ system recommend me games is just a bad idea. You have like 200 responses probably naming the entire PS4 catalog.

Could you quote even 1 post where all PS4 games have been mentioned? I guessed right you can't because there is no such post.

If you don't like PS4 that's fine but I'd request you to stop saying crap about it, directly or indirectly.

Ugh, 200 responses where within those 200 the entire catalog was named. Cmon man you arent that dense. This isnt about the PS4 its about people making stupid threads. There are a TON of Playstation fans on this board, and I know people hate to hear it(but its early on in the lifecycle) there arent that many PS4 games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Not sure what thep problem is. PS4 is selling well now and will most likely get a ton of games. When the wii U gets down to 99 dollars in a few years he can buy it again and catch up.

Again, good choice SoR.

Do I see yourself convincing yourself to sell your wii u and buy a ps4? Bom Bom boooommmm

David_Hernandeez said:
Why did you selll it? it was a better idea to keep both, both are going to have great games one has some of them right now.

He/she can switch to another console later.

Max King of the Wild said:
dahuman said:
Max King of the Wild said

Hmm... Wonder what I've been doing with my ps4 since Nov then... Obviously haven't been playing games since it has none according to you 

It's really just Resogun and inFamous SS that stand out, let's face it, Killzone wasn't that great. Then you get a bunch of HD collection shit that you prolly already played, and mostly non-exclusive indie games. It's pretty barren man. Wii U has more newer games right now, that's just the reality of the situation, and I see no point with the PS4 right now since my PS3 still works great with a ton of backlogs, hence why I also mentioned earlier that he should have gone for a PS3 instead. The PS4 and X1 are not great purchases right now and I also regret buying a Wii U on day 1 as well(never 1st day again, on anything.)

So Mlb the show and watch dogs doesn't exist in your world. Got it.

Multiplat, doesn't need a PS4 to play the game.

VXIII said:
dahuman said:
VXIII said:

this thread should go down in history as a beginning of new era in console war. I have never seen anything like it before

Are people actually....  offended by op decision?  

I think it's because it makes no sense from a gaming perspective at this moment since Wii U has the games so people are bothered by it.

It is a long term investment. He bought a console not only for the current library of games ( which is decent btw)  but mainly for the bright future ahead of it. Also, maybe the guy is not interested in Nintendo's formula and vision of gaming anymore? Why would anyone argues against his new preference if it wasn't for revenge and reclaiming their lost glory in the console war?

And it is still happening, hah.

Oh I can respect his decision, I just don't know why he'd pick the PS4 over the PS3 cause PS3's a better purchase ATM.

Around the Network
Ucell said:
dahuman said:
I would go for the PS3 instead but, apparently PS4 is the new hotness to a lot of people yet it currently has no games.

So how come I'm being overwhelmed by the amount of games releasing on the PS4? You say it has no games, yet it has had 7 retail games in the last 3 months compared to 3 on the Wii U.

How many are "new" and "exclusive" to the PS4 that's not anywhere else?

If there was one word I can describe this thread what would it be....?

eFKac said:
MDMAlliance said:
Ucell said:
dahuman said:
I would go for the PS3 instead but, apparently PS4 is the new hotness to a lot of people yet it currently has no games.

So how come I'm being overwhelmed by the amount of games releasing on the PS4? You say it has no games, yet it has had 7 retail games in the last 3 months compared to 3 on the Wii U.

Kind of a cherry picked example, if you ask me.  You should remember your own thread and how that ended up.

Don't know what his thread was about, but you don't want to argue about the amount of games PS4 is getting vs Wii U. Quantity wise is not the same league, quality and taste are always arguable.

Hence why I said "PS3"..........

Ucell said:
MDMAlliance said:
Ucell said:
dahuman said:

Kind of a cherry picked example, if you ask me.  You should remember your own thread and how that ended up.

Atleast I have a backing to what I say. He had no reason to say PS4 has 'no games' when it had many more released in the last few months than the Wii U.

I could smell troll from his comment. Any PS4 owner would.

I'm pretty neutral, people are just insecure IMO. Not to mention that I said PS3 with that post, it's like people don't read....

dahuman said:

Oh I can respect his decision, I just don't know why he'd pick the PS4 over the PS3 cause PS3's a better purchase ATM.

It's an investment. I get to play the new PS4 games and some PS3 games off of PS Now. I don't want to spend $200 to get a PS3 when I can spend $200 more and get a PS4.