By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Damn, you made the right decision. $400 for a used console is a good deal.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Well hey, when you get it, add me. I'm d21lewis.  also, be sure to post your impressions.  would love to see the perspective of a Nintendo fan walking into Sony territory for the first time!

I will :)

jigokutamago said:
Damn, you made the right decision. $400 for a used console is a good deal.

Thank you!

Max King of the Wild said:
Mr Khan said:
Faxanadu said:
I am a bit confuse.
You say you have no money. Yet you:
- sell the Wii U to upgrade to a much more expensive system (with more expensive games?)
- you say you are typing on your iPad

This smells absolutely fishy.

To be fair, you can have expensive things without having the money to pay for more expensive things. That's kind of where i'm at right now. Every game purchase is precious because it's eating into my savings (not my real savings, thank goodness I haven't had to tap that account yet, but it's money spent that i'm not making back at the moment).

I was going to quote that post and say most people that have no money still have nice phones, HD TV, cars ect ect

Yes, that is the reason they dont have money to spend :)

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

sundin13 said:

Well by the end of the year, theres Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 1/2. Theres also Shovel Knight coming tomorow as well as many more indie games coming throughout the year. Also, there are some multiplats coming like Watch Dogs (eventually) and Project Cars. Then there is the great lineup for 2015...

I'm not saying that everyone needs to own a Wii U or anything, just that if you already bought one, its pretty silly to sell it now, right before it hits its stride (and while PS4 is still in its "everything is coming next year" phase). As someone who does their research, sounds to me like you didn't really do your research before buying (or selling) your Wii U.

I did plenty of research but respect your opinion. I bought the Wii U because I knew I liked Nintendo games. I've done it the past 3 gens and figured I'd be happy with the Wii U. Sadly, I not only got bored with it but bored of Nintendo in general. None of the games besides Smash looked great and so I looked into selling it. Honestly, Wii U is my first console ever that I'm selling. I guess I just didn't anticipate wanting something new.  Normally, I'm great at knowing what I want, I don't know what happened.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Good for you. I could tell you were forcing yourself to enjoy the Wii U from the threads you made.

That's a good way to describe it. I felt like I've enjoyed Nintendo games for so long I would continue to do so. If you remember, I've been creating threads about me being bored with gaming for a while now. (2011 maybe) I hope it's just me loosing interest in Nintendo. (For now)

*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:

Well by the end of the year, theres Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 1/2. Theres also Shovel Knight coming tomorow as well as many more indie games coming throughout the year. Also, there are some multiplats coming like Watch Dogs (eventually) and Project Cars. Then there is the great lineup for 2015...

I'm not saying that everyone needs to own a Wii U or anything, just that if you already bought one, its pretty silly to sell it now, right before it hits its stride (and while PS4 is still in its "everything is coming next year" phase). As someone who does their research, sounds to me like you didn't really do your research before buying (or selling) your Wii U.

I did plenty of research but respect your opinion. I bought the Wii U because I knew I liked Nintendo games. I've done it the past 3 gens and figured I'd be happy with the Wii U. Sadly, I not only got bored with it but bored of Nintendo in general. None of the games besides Smash looked great and so I looked into selling it. Honestly, Wii U is my first console ever that I'm selling. I guess I just didn't anticipate wanting something new.  Normally, I'm great at knowing what I want, I don't know what happened.

I think it's completely reasonable for a change of scenery.  I am one to own more than one console, and I definitely enjoy switching between different platforms from time to time.  

I wonder if the answers would havé been the same if hé was switching from Vita to 3DS

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

GG you just sold away the better console to get an overpriced console with mediocre games

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:

I can kinda relate.  I owned everything except an Xbox during the 6th gen, owned everything (took a couple of years) during the 7th gen, and now own virtually everything (within a few months of launch), 8th gen.  My thing is I was actually bored with gaming as a whole.  NONE of the consoles offered me any excitement.

I'm slowly finding joy in gaming again.  Shockingly, it's from a game I've owned since like 2010 or something--Super Street Fighter 4 (w/ Ultra DLC).  I admit that E3 gave me a little bit of a rush, as well.  Maybe you're going through something similar and just looking for something new and different.  Hope the PS4 fits your gaming needs, bro.