By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

Intrinsic said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Was there some game I was missing that is coming only to PS4? Also I didn't forget 3rd parties are games, since I'm sure 90% of the game I buy are from 3rd party devs. I'll recommend him some stuff from 3rd parties if he cares to elaborate on what genre of games he likes.

Ok, lets look at exclusive PS4 games from Nov 2013- Dec 2015. Now weather or not you or I think these games are good/bad is irrelevant. Cause which games a person likes are highly subjective.

1. Knack (out now)
  2. killzone: Shadow fall (out now)
  3. Resogun (out now)
  4. Infamous: Second Son(out now)
  5. infamous: First Light (you don't need to own second son to download and play this, completely different story and character) (Q3 2014)
  6. The last of Us (Q3 2014)
  7. Transistor (out now)
  8. DriveClub (Q4 2014)
  9. Bloodborne (Q1 2015)
  10. Little Big Planet 3 (Q4 2014)
  11. The Order (Q1 2015)
  12. The witness (2015)
  13. No Mans Sky (2015)
  14. Uncharted 4 (Q4 2015)
  15. Deep Down (2014/2015) 
  16. Rime (2015)
  17. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 
  18. Don't Starve (out now)
  19. Planetside 2 (Q4 2014)
  20. Flower (out now)
  21. AbZu (2015)
  22. MLB (out now)

Those are just off the top of my head and I would have missed some. And these are the ones we know. Of that list like 8 of them are out now, and a most of them will be out by the end of this year with a helthy few due out early or late next year. And that is exactly why I do  not understand why anyone can say the PS4 is lacking exclusives. And I am sure I missed some, further more... come Gamescon/TGS this list is bound to grow. And we aren't even talking 3rd parties yet.

Sometimes, i wonder if people really expect sony to release every singl egame they have on the same day. 

Errrr, I wasn't going to post anymore here but I hate it when people list their games incorrectly, the games NOT EXCLUSIVE from your list are:

6.) The Last of Us (PS3)

7.) Transistor (Windows)

12.) The Witness (Windows, iOS)

18.) Don't Starve (Windows, OS X, Linux)

19.) Planetside 2 (Windows, been out)

Still in question:

13.) No Man's Sky (???? yeah don't ask me, I don't know either lol....)

Also, since you listed download only games as well, sigh, other platforms have that too, with a surprising amount of them on the Wii U over the PS4 and X1 so Nintendo has been aggresive with Indies apparently o_O; ,I'm not even going to bother with a list of PC stuff in this case cause it's too large:

Wii U: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software

X1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

PS4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Around the Network
hinch said:

There are some great looking games coming out this year like; Destiny, TLOU remaster, LBP3, FarCry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition etc.. plus the existing linup of titles. So I'm not entirely sure where the "there are no games" for PS4 sentiment exists, when there are plenty of good games on the platform. And, its looking much better for the remainder of this year and beyond.

Thank you. This is a growing trend with PS4 criticism. And one that I personally think is entirely baseless; cause for those claims to hold any water, you basically have to be living in a vacum and only ever buy games that are "exclusive" to a PS4. If that is the case, it would mean that even if there were 5-10 games exclusive to the console each year you probably would only be interested in 3-4 as per different tastes and all. But thats just not the case. We don't live in a vacum, and I don't understand why this trend of only looking at the exclusive games coming to a platform. 

Whats worse is that if you seem to stand by what we are saying here, we could be branded as people that don't want anything negative to be said about the PS4. I don't know, but as far as the PS4 goes, i feel there is only one real legitimate issue with the console that honestly pisses me off and thats sony's seeming inability to update the systems OS with useful and/or highly sought after features. This is one area where the completely fail when compared to Microsoft.

keroncoward said:
Should have at least kept the Wii U a little longer until the games start coming in then sell it when you completed them. PS4 has nothing worth playing right now. Hype is not worth anything right now and Destiny is just another repetitive Activision fps with casual RPG elements that people are hyping because?

You've played Destiny?

Not a great idea mate. You're gonna be missing out. Plenty of great Wii U games already out, or coming out within the next year+, while the PS4 is going to take awhile to really flesh out it's catalog.

But have fun!

Wright said:

Get these:

· Knack

· Killzone: Shadow Fall

· Cel Damage HD

· Bound by Flame

· Daylight

· Putty Squad

and Basement Crawl

Those games will show you that you made the right choice getting a Ps4.

Don't listen to him. He just made up a list of some of the worst scored PS4 games. What a dishonest post.

There are much better games on PS4. Just go to metacritic PS4 best games list. Still a very good list, IMO:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc

Around the Network

Only thing that sucks about PS4 is it doesn't have any games. It's the 360vPS3 all over again. I have no doubt MS will run out of steam soon but for now MS has better short-term lineup of games.

And don't get me started on LBP3, what a joke. Might as well bring up Viva Pinata as AAA software.

reggin_bolas said:
Only thing that sucks about PS4 is it doesn't have any games. It's the 360vPS3 all over again. I have no doubt MS will run out of steam soon but for now MS has better short-term lineup of games.

And don't get me started on LBP3, what a joke. Might as well bring up Viva Pinata as AAA software.

For you may be there are no games that interest you, but it does have many games with few exclusives and many 3rd party games so there are 8 million+ people who bought (disagree with you) PS4 and still selling well with very good software. What you mean about LBP3?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Intrinsic said:
Maraccuda said:

1- Should not have sold your Wii U, I see no point in selling something for less than what you pay.

2- Buy a PS3 instead. Its much cheaper and has a much better library.

It will keep you occupied until getting a PS4 is worth it/reduced in price.

you do not own a PS4. I may even go as far as say you don't have a PS3. Cause only someone that is one or the other or both will say what you have just said. How does it make sense for someone to buy a last gen console that costs $250 so he can play older games that are coming to a PSnow service when he could add $150 on that amount and get a new console and the best version of al the new games??????? Also meaning that for the next 6-7yrs he doesn't have to buy a console again.And you are Talking like there is absolutely nothing to play on the PS4. I don't get some people really.

The lenghts some people will go to just to stop someone from buying a PS4 lol... did sony do something to you? 

PSNow is an unproven service using technology that I, at least, have never had a good experience with. I got a BETA code from my E3 trip, but the horrendous pricing model totally turned me off trying out any of the more graphicaly intensive games. Not sure it would have mattered though since I couldn't get even the free games to work. I'm gonna be trying a new connection set up soon, but well....

You can get a PS3 for $200 used, and even less used, and those $250 often come bundled with other games. It's a better deal. Not to mention, you get access to the ENTIRE library and USED games, rather then having to rent games over the cloud, some games for more then what they cost to buy on PSN. XD

Thank you, at least some one understands my reasoning. Value wise it is much better at the moment.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Intrinsic said:
Maraccuda said:

1- Should not have sold your Wii U, I see no point in selling something for less than what you pay.

2- Buy a PS3 instead. Its much cheaper and has a much better library.

It will keep you occupied until getting a PS4 is worth it/reduced in price.

you do not own a PS4. I may even go as far as say you don't have a PS3. Cause only someone that is one or the other or both will say what you have just said. How does it make sense for someone to buy a last gen console that costs $250 so he can play older games that are coming to a PSnow service when he could add $150 on that amount and get a new console and the best version of al the new games??????? Also meaning that for the next 6-7yrs he doesn't have to buy a console again.And you are Talking like there is absolutely nothing to play on the PS4. I don't get some people really.

The lenghts some people will go to just to stop someone from buying a PS4 lol... did sony do something to you? 

Yes I do not own a PS4 because I see no urgent reason to do so.

I definitely DO OWN a PS3 and thus is why I said what I said.

I am a huge gamer but also very budget conscious. And AS OF RIGHT NOW the PS3 has far better value than the PS4. I never said do not get a PS4, I simply said the wait will probably be better money wise.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

globalisateur said:

Don't listen to him. He just made up a list of some of the worst scored PS4 games. What a dishonest post.

There are much better games on PS4. Just go to metacritic PS4 best games list. Still a very good list, IMO:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc

There's nothing dishonest about my list. I never use metacritic to argue if a game is good or bad. Notice how I didn't put Entwined, despite scoring less than Killzone: Shadow Fall? That's because I didn't like it, and obviously I'm not recommending it to him.