By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated) My console of choice has switched for the first time in 18 Years

atomicblue said:
Why did you feel the need to tell us you sold the Wii U and switched to Sony after 18 years, despite the PS4 having a rather weak library at the moment and the Wii U a relatively strong one?

I smell troll.

You NEEDED to say this? Had you spent the time to read the OP or some of the reactions you would have seen otherwise. But yes name calling is easier when you're emotional i guess, why i don't know.

I'll let the mods take care of you.

Around the Network

Woah... surely save first then if needed sell the WiiU to get the last bit of cash you need to buy the PS4. Now you have no current gen consoles and not enough cash to buy another one.

Also, if you are asking for recommendations of games then what was your decision to buy a PS4 based off of?

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Single-player games:
You should get Infamous: Second Son first on your PS4, followed by Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (since you obviously couldn't have played the game before on a Nintendo console) and then Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Multi-player games:
You should get Battlefield 4 (that is if you don't hate EA) and Killzone: Shadow Fall (though the guns can feel slightly heavier than in other shooters).

I never buy indie games so I cannot say anything about them. Though you definitely need to get PS+ if you're into multiplayer and want some free games.

starcraft said:
If you need to be recommended games, you've already made the wrong decision.

this is where the thread should have ended.

If you don't knwo what you like and need to ask clearly you don't like the games currently out there on the said system you said you want to buy.

*Sound Of Rain said:

This information isn't important. Yet, this is the magical world of VGC, a land where everyone shares their gaming experiences.

So, the S Genesis was my first gaming system effectively making Sega my console provider. In 1996, I picked the N64 and made the switch to Nintendo. I can't afford to buy a ton of games for multiple systems a Gen so I always have one primary console per gen. There have been times when I've had access (or owned) more than one in a gen but that was because of gifts or borrowed means.

I've picked: S Genesis - N64 - NGC - NWii - NWii U each gen. I've been gaming almost solely on Nintendo consoles for the last 18 years...until now.

I have sold my Wii U and am switching to Sony and the PS4. I'm trying to save up for it now, recommend me some games please :) (Retail & Indie)

Also, is the protection plan worth buying? (The one on the PSN store)

No.  It comes with a 1 year warranty of course, and even if it breaks after warranty it's only like $60.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
starcraft said:
If you need to be recommended games, you've already made the wrong decision.

this is where the thread should have ended.

If you don't knwo what you like and need to ask clearly you don't like the games currently out there on the said system you said you want to buy.

Most threads should end at the dispensment of my opinion (truth).

But alas, people seem to get stuck on semantics

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I respect all decisions, even stupid decision, but why you want to humiliate those who made you entertained for 18 years?

You know exactly what games are on PS4.

PS. Sorry for my english.

*Sound Of Rain said:

I've been gaming almost solely on Nintendo consoles for the last 18 years

:O You've missed out on so many games...

Anyways if I had a PS4 I'd pick up Second Son and some nice looking indie titles

Selling the Wii U though... how much money could that possibly have gotten you anyway?

I guess I've had sort of a bad habit with keeping all my systems around, even if I never did get many games for them. Not that I fancy myself a collector, but what you get for them used is just so little, and they always have some gaming memories attached to them.

I agree with what just about everyone else is saying, dumb move. Especially considering PS4 is probably going to be dropping in price this year to boost declining sales.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.