By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

tbone51 said:
Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

Yeah I remember that. I hope they get called out on it. Hard.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

Because Polygon is a very credible website!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well it looks like I just lost all my predictions lol :P

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

bubblegamer said:
chidori-chan2 said:
Fusioncode said:
So if this is shipped I'm going to guess around 1m for the first 4 days. Good numbers, Infamous took 9 days to sell 1m,

Infamous from PS4 took 9 days to sell 1m, Mario Kart 8 took only 72 hours for sell 1.2 m. :P

It has Mario in the name, it's bundled with a console that's much less expensive, Mario Kart 8 hasn't done those numbers yet. Comparing Mario to Infamous says much more about Mario than Infamous.

so people bought Wii U just... because? That's even great news

Click HERE and be happy 

Awesome! Hopefully it goes on to sell 5 million copies.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Kudos to Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 is an awesome game.

Holy crap! Can't remember what I predicted but, nowhere near that! Now I can't wait to see the hardware boost, it's going to be huge. 1.2 million +1... On my way home with my copy now...

edit: is it just me, or are there people in here actually trying to downplay this news? Lol if so... 

MK8 deserves to sell well, it's a great game.

Congrats to Nintendo for finally finding a bit of success.

Damn, so many people who have to give the game back because their Wii can't read the disc

Great numbers, hope it will boost Wii U sales and for more than a week.

Well deserved. Mario KArt 8 is something of a dream!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android