Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

tbone51 said:
Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

You posted their figure on the last page silly :P Basically they used BS metrics to forecast 1.26mil sales, yet they used the current install base and ignore a ton of trends and whatnot...

But yeah, Polygon sucks and pretty much everybody knows it.

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
Fusioncode said:
So if this is shipped I'm going to guess around 1m for the first 4 days. Good numbers, Infamous took 9 days to sell 1m,

Infamous from PS4 took 9 days to sell 1m, Mario Kart 8 took only 72 hours for sell 1.2 m. :P

It has Mario in the name, it's bundled with a console that's much less expensive, Mario Kart 8 hasn't done those numbers yet. Comparing Mario to Infamous says much more about Mario than Infamous.

tbone51 said:
Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

Yeah I remember that. I hope they get called out on it. Hard.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tbone51 said:

Because Polygon is a very credible website!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well it looks like I just lost all my predictions lol :P

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
chidori-chan2 said:
Fusioncode said:
So if this is shipped I'm going to guess around 1m for the first 4 days. Good numbers, Infamous took 9 days to sell 1m,

Infamous from PS4 took 9 days to sell 1m, Mario Kart 8 took only 72 hours for sell 1.2 m. :P

It has Mario in the name, it's bundled with a console that's much less expensive, Mario Kart 8 hasn't done those numbers yet. Comparing Mario to Infamous says much more about Mario than Infamous.

so people bought Wii U just... because? That's even great news

Click HERE and be happy 

Awesome! Hopefully it goes on to sell 5 million copies.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Kudos to Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 is an awesome game.

Holy crap! Can't remember what I predicted but, nowhere near that! Now I can't wait to see the hardware boost, it's going to be huge. 1.2 million +1... On my way home with my copy now...

edit: is it just me, or are there people in here actually trying to downplay this news? Lol if so... 

MK8 deserves to sell well, it's a great game.

Congrats to Nintendo for finally finding a bit of success.