By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

DerNebel said:
noname2200 said:
bubblegamer said:

So shipped?

Not necessarily: Nintendo has a system that lets them track retail sales in more or less real time.

They also mention the sales of the older MK titles in the article though and those are definitely shipped, I think they'd make a clearer differentiation if MK8 numbers were sold to customers, just a guess though. Whatever it is, the number is probably close anyway.

So lets say shipped+digital (i think so to though it can be the opposite), i say it did 1mil, about 200k+ on store shelves makes sense.... I think?

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Shipped or sold?

The sell-through probably is pretty high.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Nintendo used "Sharkeisha, NO" on "Sales Chartz." It was Super Effective!

Thanks jlmurph!

Those are some pretty huge numbers and certainly more than I had expected...now we just wait to see the HW boosts worldwide

I guessed 365k, 1.2 million is a massive shock but well deserved it's and awesome game

Around the Network
vivster said:

So there is a chance for MK8 to be the worst selling MK of all times.

You forgot to add "in a world without Super Circuit and Double Dash"!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Congrats with caveats. Like others on here, definitely a shipped number and I would like to know hardware numbers. Also the lack of any halo effect so far in the UK and Japan has to be worrying (i.e. just selling to current Wii U owners).

Stolen from Gaf!

Should add to Op imo

Fantastic news, been having alot of fun with MK today.

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

They also mention the sales of the older MK titles in the article though and those are definitely shipped, I think they'd make a clearer differentiation if MK8 numbers were sold to customers, just a guess though. Whatever it is, the number is probably close anyway.

So lets say shipped+digital (i think so to though it can be the opposite), i say it did 1mil, about 200k+ on store shelves makes sense.... I think?

I haven't been really paying attention to stock at all, so no idea. I'd say the game sold through more than a million, maybe 1.1mil or something.