By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

Let this fool be a lesson to all of you.

Luigi doesn't forgive. Luigi doesn't forget.

Around the Network

I believe it fully because of the amount of hype behind it and the extreme dry spell the WiiU had been seeing as of late. The bigger question is how much hardware did the title help push. Regardless, congrats Nintendo.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Impressive

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Fusioncode said:
So if this is shipped I'm going to guess around 1m for the first 4 days. Good numbers, Infamous took 9 days to sell 1m,

Infamous from PS4 took 9 days to sell 1m, Mario Kart 8 took only 72 hours for sell 1.2 m. :P

Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
Fusioncode said:
So if this is shipped I'm going to guess around 1m for the first 4 days. Good numbers, Infamous took 9 days to sell 1m,

Infamous from PS4 took 9 days to sell 1m, Mario Kart 8 took only 72 hours for sell 1.2 m. :P

4 days and the numbers are shipped. Which is why I guessed 1m sell through. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

How much did SM3DW sell FW?

Dat crow.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

tbone51 said:
Polygon eating alot of crow now? ITS all over Neogaf, they supposedly did an article stating 1.26mil by Next year or something like that!

You posted their figure on the last page silly :P Basically they used BS metrics to forecast 1.26mil sales, yet they used the current install base and ignore a ton of trends and whatnot...

But yeah, Polygon sucks and pretty much everybody knows it.

chidori-chan2 said:
Fusioncode said:

It has Mario in the name, it's bundled with a console that's much less expensive, Mario Kart 8 hasn't done those numbers yet. Comparing Mario to Infamous says much more about Mario than Infamous.