By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

Just keep releasing games in a timely fashion and not one every 5 months and it should help

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
AZWification said:

Zero was the only one who predicted more than 1.2 million!

Why the laughter?

No particular reason!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Insane! I had it pegged for 550k worldwide since the Wii U has about 1/4 the installed base of the Wii at the time launch. Just shows how starved Wii U owners are for 1st party goodness! Mighty impressive, can't wait to see the hardware numbers!

It doesn't show that "Wii U owners are starved", the launch was normal (if not very good) for the franchise. And making a prediction solely on installed base proportion while ignoring the other factors isn't the best way to predict stuff.

You'll forgive me if I don't accept lessons in predictions from you, I don't think we should compare our track record overall.

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Insane! I had it pegged for 550k worldwide since the Wii U has about 1/4 the installed base of the Wii at the time launch. Just shows how starved Wii U owners are for 1st party goodness! Mighty impressive, can't wait to see the hardware numbers!

It doesn't show that "Wii U owners are starved", the launch was normal (if not very good) for the franchise. And making a prediction solely on installed base proportion while ignoring the other factors isn't the best way to predict stuff.

You'll forgive me if I don't accept lessons in predictions from you, I don't think we should compare our track record overall.

Well, I'd say there's a better chance that early adopters for a console will also be early adopters for a highly anticipated game identified strongly with that console's brand. It's why something like Halo 5 if released this week would still have amazing opening sales despite the sub 5 million userbase.Everyone's always starving for great console defining games they've waited months for.

Maybe you'll avoid such underestimation in the future!

So... 80k split between digital and June first? Probably overtracked a couple hundred k here