By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

That's pretty impressive



Around the Network
Ucell said:
I think Watch Dogs on all platforms combined will have a higher debut.

You just can't help yourself, can you?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Ucell said:
I think Watch Dogs on all platforms combined will have a higher debut.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Did I hurt your emotions? If so, then I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.



Ucell said:
curl-6 said:
Ucell said:
I think Watch Dogs on all platforms combined will have a higher debut.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Did I hurt your emotions? If so, then I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

No, you didn't hurt my emotions. But you dropped below the accepted standard of behaviour for VGChartz by going into a thread of a game you don't care about on a system you don't care about from a company you don't care about just to downplay it.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Ucell said:
curl-6 said:
Ucell said:
I think Watch Dogs on all platforms combined will have a higher debut.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Did I hurt your emotions? If so, then I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

No, you didn't hurt my emotions. But you dropped below the accepted standard of behaviour for VGChartz by going into a thread of a game you don't care about on a system you don't care about from a company you don't care about just to downplay it.

I didn't downplay it. Its the first Wii U game so far that I'm actually interested in! And I'll surely buy a Wii U once Bayonetta 2 and X arrive and its price reduces by $50. So I do care about it.

As for Watch Dogs, having actually played the game, I can surely say that it is a great game. So I am just saying its quality and hype would make it sell better.

Btw WD has had to have tons of hype and 5 platforms to barely outsell MK8. So thats actually praise for MK8.



Around the Network
Ucell said:

I didn't downplay it. Its the first Wii U game so far that I'm actually interested in! And I'll surely buy a Wii U once Bayonetta 2 and X arrive and its price reduces by $50. So I do care about it.

As for Watch Dogs, having actually played the game, I can surely say that it is a great game. So I am just saying its quality and hype would make it sell better.

Btw WD has had to have tons of hype and 5 platforms to barely outsell MK8. So thats actually praise for MK8.

Comparing a game on 5 platforms with an installed base of 180 million consoles to a game on one console with a 6 million install base is a rather moot comparison to make in the first place though. WD has 30 times as many users to sell to, and that's not even counting PC.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Darc Requiem said:



Lmao where do people get these gifs from?



justinian said:
To say this figure was shipped MUST and can ONLY represent disc format. You can't physically ship a download.

So Nintendo shipped 1.2m discs then said they sold 1.2m copies of both downloads and discs.

I will take this as sold to consumers until the charts prove otherwise.


I kind of agree, if it was shipped it wouldn't included downloads and I'm pretty sure Nintendo would of shipped at least 2m copies for shelves and bundles considering how much weight MK carries in commercial power.



Ucell said:
curl-6 said:
Ucell said:
I think Watch Dogs on all platforms combined will have a higher debut.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Did I hurt your emotions? If so, then I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

I am not sure if you hurt his emotions but i guess that your comment is kind of obvious no? 1.2 milion Nintendo WiiU exclusive vs a Game out on 4 platforms that combined have sold more than 25 times WiiU...

 

At least I hope for Watchdog!



Switch!!!

curl-6 said:
Ucell said:

I didn't downplay it. Its the first Wii U game so far that I'm actually interested in! And I'll surely buy a Wii U once Bayonetta 2 and X arrive and its price reduces by $50. So I do care about it.

As for Watch Dogs, having actually played the game, I can surely say that it is a great game. So I am just saying its quality and hype would make it sell better.

Btw WD has had to have tons of hype and 5 platforms to barely outsell MK8. So thats actually praise for MK8.

Comparing a game on 5 platforms with an installed base of 180 million consoles to a game on one console with a 6 million install base is a rather moot comparison to make in the first place though. WD has 30 times as many users to sell to, and that's not even counting PC.

Oh Gosh... i have basically just posted the same... next time I should get to the end of the topic instead of letting my Nintendo fire overcome me )))



Switch!!!