By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

Lawlight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Lawlight said:
Ok numbers. I wonder whether it will hit the 30M of MKWii.

Why wonder about something so stupidly obvious? What you should be wondering about is what I'm gonna change your avatar too!

Why would you change my avatar?

Your behaviour is unbefitting of the character. :p

Around the Network

Get it, Nintendo! It's a great game. Well, the racing part is, anyway (the battle mode, not so much).

Here's a link to the Polygon article, I strongly suggest you all add to the discussion over there and point out exactly how WRONG they were. :D
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5718168/mario-kart-series-sales

Curious to see how much the game manages in its first full week now. 3 million by the end of June looks like a distinct possibility!

Also, this is only the UK (who generally don't like Nintendo consoles as much as the rest of the world) but apparently Wii U sales increased by 666% over the previous week there, and most of those were Mario Kart bundles (yes, the title of the article is about Watch Dogs, I didn't post the wrong link):
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-watch-dogs-is-the-biggest-new-ip-launch-in-the-uk-ever

curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:

Your behaviour is unbefitting of the character. :p

lawlz! xD

But yeah like Tbone said you pretty much lost our bet Lawlight, but I'm kind enough to wait until VGC says so!

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Lawlight said:
Ok numbers. I wonder whether it will hit the 30M of MKWii.

Why wonder about something so stupidly obvious? What you should be wondering about is what I'm gonna change your avatar too!

u have 2 bets, you lost with him with pokemon XY ( It hit 12.26mil official numbers) so you lose your avatar to him. As for me Capcom stated 4.1mil so if it does 4.2mil then i get 1 month of your sig control... Do you remember now? :0

I know I made bets but I only remember ours (not even what game or the numbers) but ok.

Kresnik said:
drake_tolu said:
Give me a Link?

Disappointed I'm the first person to make this reply.

Humour level is low on VGC nowadays.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

u have 2 bets, you lost with him with pokemon XY ( It hit 12.26mil official numbers) so you lose your avatar to him. As for me Capcom stated 4.1mil so if it does 4.2mil then i get 1 month of your sig control... Do you remember now? :0

I know I made bets but I only remember ours (not even what game or the numbers) but ok.

Well I didn't expect MH4 to get close to 4.2mil anytime soon anyway these were your bets...

1. With me If MH4 sold less than 3.6mil lifetime (by end of 2014) you win, if its 4.2mil or over I win. Inbetween its a tie. I ask you if official numbers count you said yes. Currently 4.1mil.

2. With Delphin, you said Pokemon XY will be under 12mil lifetime (i dunno when your due date was but it was definetly past 2015), its at 12.26mil shipped+digital. i dunno if you did the same with him with official numbers :-/

DolPhanTendo said:
Sweet! I wonder how many consoles were sold as well.

Me too, how many are MK8 hardware bundles from this 1.2 millon? Anyone can guess? If they are high numbers like 200+ then nintendo should have mintioned(like a % of hardware bundle contribution in this) i think, may be not and its been purchased mostly by existing base.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Just incredible start for it, pretty much THE best case scenario that was possible happened for its debut. I knew it was the first Wii U game to have true hype, been saying that for months. Now we'll see how it holds up. I have a feeling it's going to dominate all through the summer and gradually shift quite a few systems.

Wow really good, this is what Nintendo needed

My kids are loving Mario Kart. I'm yet to have a go but looks typical of nintendos Mario kart series. All good