By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

I'm also surprised; I guess it shows how game starved the Wii U crowd is. I still doubt it will move significant hardware but I guess I could be wrong there as well. People seem to not mind having a bulky tablet for control but I certainly would.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
I'm also surprised; I guess it shows how game starved the Wii U crowd is. I still doubt it will move significant hardware but I guess I could be wrong there as well. People seem to not mind having a bulky tablet for control but I certainly would.

Wow, Good Response... Bravo?

"I guess it shows how game starved the Wii U crowd is. " Yes because if new games were constantly coming, the 1.2mil figure would be dramatically smaller..... No wait wouldn't it be higher cuz then the install base be bigger?

Never understood this. Telling me if we had games between DK and now there would be alot less sales for MK8? 

Edit: We all make mistakes/ incorrect predictions sometimes, Admit you were wrong and move along, no need to take a jab at nintendo for it :-/ 

Nice!
A real wake up call for the doubters.

Shipped vs. Sold argument = the last desperate attempt for haters to try and piss in everyone else's Cheerios.

BHR-3 said

i would wait for famitsu and npd to really cerebrate imo i would believe total sales for may are around 700-800k

Famitsu and NPD don't track digital sales.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
reggin_bolas said:

Wow, Good Response... Bravo?

"I guess it shows how game starved the Wii U crowd is. " Yes because if new games were constantly coming, the 1.2mil figure would be dramatically smaller..... No wait wouldn't it be higher cuz then the install base be bigger?

Never understood this. Telling me if we had games between DK and now there would be alot less sales for MK8? 

Edit: We all make mistakes/ incorrect predictions sometimes, Admit you were wrong and move along, no need to take a jab at nintendo for it :-/ 

That's okay, I was wrong on this one. But it's just a sub-prediction. My main prediction is Wii U sells less than 20 mil life. 

Ok numbers. I wonder whether it will hit the 30M of MKWii.

Proud to say I'm one of them. I expected less than a million.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

reggin_bolas said:
tbone51 said:

That's okay, I was wrong on this one. But it's just a sub-prediction. My main prediction is Wii U sells less than 20 mil life. 

Well looking at how things are currently, i expect 95% of everybody who checks sales know definitely it'll be under 20mil lifetime. No less than 14mil imo. But things can change, it has happened before!

Lawlight said:
Ok numbers. I wonder whether it will hit the 30M of MKWii.

Why wonder about something so stupidly obvious? What you should be wondering about is what I'm gonna change your avatar too!