By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

Lawlight said:
Ok numbers. I wonder whether it will hit the 30M of MKWii.

This right here Gamers and Gentlemen is the reason I get banned alot... But instead of risking it for E3 sake I'll just leave this here and turn around....

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
And anyone expecting this to permanently raise the baseline for the WiiU is deluding themselves. Just like Titanfall it will provide a boost for a few weeks and then settle back into standard numbers until Smash Bros comes out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Xbone hovering around 35kish before Titanfall and it's now at around 45-50k per week after?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Lawlight said:

Seriously dude? 7 million LTD would be very, very good, Mario Kart generally sells at a 1:3 rate with Nintendo consoles. 

I think this will probably be the best selling Wii U game with a LTD of just over 7 million, then you'll have Smash and Mario 3D World just behind at 6 million+ LTD. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
Lawlight said:

Why wonder about something so stupidly obvious? What you should be wondering about is what I'm gonna change your avatar too!

Why would you change my avatar?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Lawlight said:

Why wonder about something so stupidly obvious? What you should be wondering about is what I'm gonna change your avatar too!

Why would you change my avatar?

u have 2 bets, you lost with him with pokemon XY ( It hit 12.26mil official numbers) so you lose your avatar to him. As for me Capcom stated 4.1mil so if it does 4.2mil then i get 1 month of your sig control... Do you remember now? :0

Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:

Seriously dude? 7 million LTD would be very, very good, Mario Kart generally sells at a 1:3 rate with Nintendo consoles. 

I think this will probably be the best selling Wii U game with a LTD of just over 7 million, then you'll have Smash and Mario 3D World just behind at 6 million+ LTD. 

There are a few that compare all the new games with the DS+Wii to make them look bad, he has done it with pokemon xy+AC+NSMB2+NSMBU+MK7+SM3DW+ (you get the point) and now unsurprisingly with MK8. All jokes aside if WiiU sold 15mil lifetime and MK8 sold 20mil he would say something again like this lol :p

Lawlight said:

It won't. I wonder if you came here just for flaming.

tbone51 said:
benao87 said:
Over-tracked for sure, I mean, look at the source, pff.

:)

Why is everyone talking about Polygon?
*Pie chart joke*

Do you have the link(s) of the article(s)?

I'd say the sales were 100% deserved.

And here I was saying 200k-500k XD