By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

KylieDog said:
Shipped or sell through? Got to be shipped right, they couldn't get the sell through so fast...

why not?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

I think the free game promotion also is helping to front load sales, people are more apt to buy right away if they know they can get a bonus game with it.

bananaking21 said:
damn that is GOOD! hopefully a very sizable boost will happen for sales WW. im not trying to ask this to "downplay" but is this shipped or sold?

imo, shipped. Wait intill Wed when japan numbers come in, if it shows 420-500k sold FW then i'll say this has to be sold!

DerNebel said:
I assume that's shipped plus digital? Still great sales.

I would say so seeing how Nintendo would have numbers on how many copies were sold on their Eshop. The sales blow my mind to be honest. 

Soundwave said:
I think the free game promotion also is helping to front load sales, people are more apt to buy right away if they know they can get a bonus game with it.

Yeap, Nintendo has to do things like this more often, there attitude has slightly been changing. I think for the better.

Free game is everywhere accept Japan, so i love to see how other games have sold as well. I hope Pikmin 3 gets over 1mil with this!

Around the Network

Congrats to all Nntendofans from an XBox nut :). Hopefully WiiU sales will start to pick up now, they do have the strongest software library at the moment.

RolStoppable said:
Kasz216 said:
Whoops!

Thank god that you are the law.

Didn't save Radish. :/

Polygon

"Despite the game's rapid sales, the game is still likely to be the worst-selling title in the franchise's history. For a complete breakdown, check out our analysis piece on Mario Kart."

lmao, they make an article that fails then has to take a jab. Isnt this the site that gave the only low score to TLoU?

Over-tracked for sure, I mean, look at the source, pff.

:)

Why is everyone talking about Polygon?

bananaking21 said:

Completely off topic, but what will happen to your bet with Pezus

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988