By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long will the Wii U stay ahead of the PS4 in Japan after next week?It begins-Week one!

theres nothing to keep Wii U alive besides MK8 so I think 2-3 months.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I wonder if PS4 can beat WiiU any week for the rest of this year?

I don't know much about Japanese cosumers. I know I can't wait for Akiba's Trip on Vita coming this summer, so that might be a big seller!?

X/Hyrule warriors will boost the wii u over there much more than here.

After mario kart hype dies down though and before X and warriors PS4 will be on top.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Ka-pi96 said:
I think a month at most, the Mario Kart boost isn't going to last that long.

It doesn't need to be if ps4 keeps dropping :-/

Around the Network

Hyrule Warriors rumoured to be early August. And Wii Sports Club retail is in July. Bayonetta 2 is Summer.

Wii U could almost stay ahead up to Winter. Perhaps longer depending on what comes out of e3

In Japan? It should be above for a fair while, and then they should be pretty level-pegging around the 6-8k mark thereafter.

Doubt the MK boost will last longer than a month though, unless they really advertise and push the system and game.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well, until PS4 has a big game in Japan, so until 2015

It would be really worrying for the Wii U if it was not ahead of the PS4 in Japan with so much release ( MK8, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors , ...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

spurgeonryan said:

Here is what gamefaqs has for the PS4. Anything big? I never heard of half of them.

Japan

From that list, I think Musou Orochi will be the only one that will actually boost sales very much...PS4 may overtake Wii U for that week. I do think that for the majority of the year Wii U will be on top though (we still haven't seen how low the PS4 will go)

not until KH3 or FF.