By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long will the Wii U stay ahead of the PS4 in Japan after next week?It begins-Week one!

tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I think a month at most, the Mario Kart boost isn't going to last that long.

It doesn't need to be if ps4 keeps dropping :-/

This. PS4 only sold 76 more units than the Wii U, and it's sales are dropping faster than the Wii U's have been week be week. Last week, the PS4 was 900 units ahead. The week before it was 1443 units ahead. Next weeks chart won't even factor in MK8 yet because it won't have launched in Japan when the numbers release. How long will the Wii U stay ahead? A long ass time. Doubt by much though once everything settles.

Around the Network

I think next week may be the last week in while that the PS4 will be ahead of the WiiU. There are no games Japan wants on the PS4 so sales will stay low until such times as a game they want releases.

POE said:
For the rest of the year.

Starting this week?

sidmeiernintifan said:
Smash Bros, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Retail Wii Sports and perhaps Sonic Boom (if it isnt a West only game) will all be released later this year.

I am not worried about PS4 because Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts will give it a good install base in Japan.

MGS V is coming out on PS3, so that won't help. Everything else will be marginal. On both sides.

So you're telling me that Wii Sports Club, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, One Piece Unlimited World Red, " X ", and Smash Bros won't help the Wii U steamroll the PS4 in Japan in sales this year? Come on now you gotta be joking son lol

Around the Network

Wii U will win Japan. What's killing it here in good old Murica is the confusion. A lot of people still think it's a Wii and even companies (Target, Toys R Us) advertise games for it as Wii games. That's the main thing killing Wii U right now

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

think-man said:
POE said:

Starting this week?

Starting next week.

POE said:
think-man said:
POE said:

Starting this week?

Starting next week.

So the next numbers that come in the WiiU will be ahead?

Forever

The Playstation 4 is never going to catch up to the Wii U in Japan. I can imagine it will everywhere else until Nintendo games hit Christmas season.

Barring a week or two every now and then I can see the U staying ahead at least till the end of the year.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto