By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
DucksUnlimited said:
tbone51 said:
Zero999 said:

Easily

Why would you think easily? This is WiiU not Wii! MK7 did 1mil on holiday and on 3DS.

I hope it does close to a million, heck even pass it might be a possibility, but no way in hell Easily. Cuz you make it sound like it'll do 1.5mil-2mil FW

Why are you surprised by Pavo and Zero's predictions lol? They're possibly the most pessimistic and optimistic (respectively) Nintendo fans on this site.

True (also that john lucas o.O) but c'mon. Overshooting things will make people (a few but still) say nintendo fans thought it was going to sell 2mil, when it ends up selling 500k :-/

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
oniyide said:
Trunkin said:
Wii U owners are starved for games, and this looks to be the best MK yet. Combine that with the bundles, and a decent advertising push, I wouldn't be surprised to see it break 1mil week one.

if that were true how come so many games dont do well on wii U?

Just ask for the other games, especially the ones in the holidays like 3DWorld.

they cant be that starved for games if they are waiting for the holidays to buy some then?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
AZWification said:

Poor Radish!

what did he say?

He got destroyed by 3 other mods thanks to Rol!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Anyone want to make a bet for europe sales fw?
i say 60000
winner gets 1 month sig control

*face_think* I'm thinking more along the lines of 100-200k FW in Europe, so sure. 

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:
Not even close - 350k maximum

RAdish please!

It is already at 75,000 in Japan with 28 more days to go.

Over 100,000 in America with 28 more days to go.

Who knows about Europe.

Lets say 75,000 in Europe as well.

Did you just call in this prediction from your cell phone in your college dorm with MTHZEHVOR and your other college buddies?

So already could be at about 250-300 thousand. You still think it will only push out another 50-100 thousand copies over the next month, knowing full well that games get their biggest pushes the last week of pre-orders.

I am here to help you. I do not want to come back to this thread in a year and remind everyone of your horrendous prediction.

Want to choose again before we lock this in forever? Or change it to a higher number?

comgnet numbers don't work like that. anyway, nintendo games pre orders can be as low as half of first week sales.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Why are you surprised by Pavo and Zero's predictions lol? They're possibly the most pessimistic and optimistic (respectively) Nintendo fans on this site.

True (also that john lucas o.O) but c'mon. Overshooting things will make people (a few but still) say nintendo fans thought it was going to sell 2mil, when it ends up selling 500k :-/

There's no avoiding that sort of thing. People are always going to see one off the wall prediction and try to pass it off as the norm.

That's what polls are for ;D

1.5 mil. :))

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Trunkin said:
oniyide said:
Trunkin said:
Wii U owners are starved for games, and this looks to be the best MK yet. Combine that with the bundles, and a decent advertising push, I wouldn't be surprised to see it break 1mil week one.

Because those games aren't Mario Kart 8. ;)

so wii u owners arent starved for games, they are starved for Mario kart 8, that makes more sense

oniyide said:
Trunkin said:
oniyide said:
Trunkin said:

so wii u owners arent starved for games, they are starved for Mario kart 8, that makes more sense

They're really starved for new Nintendo experiences, and MK8 looks like it's gonna deliver the good stuff. You've seen how third parties perform on the system - They're not really interested in anything else.

Trunkin said:
oniyide said:
Trunkin said:
oniyide said:
Trunkin said:

They're really starved for new Nintendo experiences, and MK8 looks like it's gonna deliver the good stuff. You've seen how third parties perform on the system - They're not really interested in anything else.

welp you said it. but starved for Nintend experiences isnt the same as starved for games