By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 hit One million sales First Week Globally?

Sales? FW Globally

200-350 thousand 57 7.22%

350-500 thousand 141 17.85%

500-750 thousand 187 23.67%

750 thoudand- 1 million 144 18.23%

1,000,000 plus 200 25.32%

other post below 3 0.38%

see results 57 7.22%

Total:789
radishhead said:

Not even close - 350k maximum

- Moderated, Carl, Barozi and Conegamer

Poor Radish!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I'd say 500k because the wiu's install-base is low and previous Mario Karts didn't reach 1 million (like MK7) or barely passed 1 million with higher install-bases (Mario kart wii did only 1.1 m which surprises me)

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Thats so mean, im not that type of guy. Its bad especially cuz...

1. I'll Easily Win (well not that easy :-/)

2. Radish will be missing out in the first MK8 Tourney :p

Edit: just remembered #s wont show up that quickly lol

Banned from VGC doesn't equate banned from Nintendo's MK8 servers.

True, just makes it alot easier to communicate though

tbone51 said:
radishhead said:
tbone51 said:
radishhead said:

Wattttttttttttttttttttt Crazy as hell, 350k Max? Want to bet it'll do over that?

Raise it to 400k and I'd be happy to bet on it

Hmmmmm.... Tempting. I can do another bet (this will be 1 of 3 so its not too much atm) 2 weeks sig control for winner (399,999 or lower for you). We also get to keep wats in our sig! 

Deal?

Deal! >:|

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

AZWification said:
radishhead said:

Poor Radish!

Blame Rol :o

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Anyone want to make a bet for europe sales fw?
i say 60000
winner gets 1 month sig control

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

AZWification said:
radishhead said:

Poor Radish!

what did he say?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

spurgeonryan said:

I bet 350,000-400,000 in America alone. Pre-orders are already at over 105,000 in America.

Let's use MK7 for an example in it's last few weeks it was pushing 70,000 a week!

http://web.archive.org/web/20111201162406/http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/preorders.php?reg=USA&date=40874

MK8 has plenty of time, and that is not including non-pre order sales.

In Japan it is at 75,000 (theoretically) pre-orders, and we all know it will probably be 75-80 percent of those sales. I was right with Pikmin 3 based off my theory that Nintendo games usually are closer to COMG than other games. Anyways, It has 28 more days to push its way up the ladder in Japan.

Europe? Who knows. But I am sure it will do at least what it does in Japan.

Here is MK7 pre-order numbers in Japan a day before it released. Remember, back then 3DS was struggling.

Still impossible in your opinion? ^_-

Interesting about the US pre orders because it was far before the direct. next week should see a big increase on pre orders.

tbone51 said:
Zero999 said:

Easily

Why would you think easily? This is WiiU not Wii! MK7 did 1mil on holiday and on 3DS.

I hope it does close to a million, heck even pass it might be a possibility, but no way in hell Easily. Cuz you make it sound like it'll do 1.5mil-2mil FW

Why are you surprised by Pavo and Zero's predictions lol? They're possibly the most pessimistic and optimistic (respectively) Nintendo fans on this site.

oniyide said:
Trunkin said:
Wii U owners are starved for games, and this looks to be the best MK yet. Combine that with the bundles, and a decent advertising push, I wouldn't be surprised to see it break 1mil week one.

if that were true how come so many games dont do well on wii U?

Because those games aren't Mario Kart 8. ;)